Chapter 23: Mending hearts

Arjun was having difficulty in getting rid of yellow marks that were not going even after so much washing for a long time. Sanjeev came there right at the moment and said,

"This much washing will hurt your hand. What the hell are you up to?" He said and forcibly pulled his hands to dry them from the towel.

"This looks like, you got from Haldi... calm down, it 'll go by tomorrow." He said while drying his hands.

In the meanwhile, Ria rashed out of her room after washup and was desperately looking for Niharika. She came to the courtyard next to the kitchen and saw no one except her Chachi and Bua passing by there at the moment.

"Ria, come here beta." Her Chachi called her up.

"Ji, Chachi," Ria said and greeted them all.

"Beta, who are you now looking for?" Her Chachi inquired. Before Ria could say, she was interrupted by her Bua.

"There is no way now, you can step out of the haveli... isn't Jiji?" Her Bua laughingly asked her.

"Why Bua?" Ria asked out of curiosity.

"You are right, Garima. Ria, from now onwards till your wedding, you shall need to be confined within the area of haveli!" Her Chachi explained clearly.

"Why only me Chachi, he..." Ria hesitated and could not continue. She was wondering that she is not even allowed to step out of the house and he will be staying in Noida.

"Anything wrong?" Her Chachi asked.

"Nothing, Chachi. I'll take leave then..." She said and quickly left.

"Who said we are developing? Still, orthodox customs are as usual followed..." She sighed.

Next, she went directly to her room. When she reached, she took the diary of 2015 and then left for Arjun's room. On the way, she saw a servant going to his room, carrying ironed clothes with him.

She seized the opportunity and asked the servant that she would send them to him away. She thought keeping the diary with the books and sending it to his Bhai would be a piece of cake but she never thought him to be present in the room by himself.

She got inside the room, kept the clothes, and was going to leave when Arjun called her suddenly. She was not prepared for such a sudden call.

"Had all servants died, what made you bring them for me?" Arjun asked out of annoyance.

"Bhai, don't get mad at them. I wanted to bring them for you, cant I bring them for my Bhai?" She said sweetly. She kept the clothes on the bed and sat with him next to the couch.

 She kept the clothes on the bed and sat with him next to the couch

She continued, "Bhai, you have not at all changed. You are always into files. Always working, you should reserve some time for yourself!"

"I never felt that Ria... besides the main reason for my comeback was to help Papa in business. The more early I will get used to get involve in the system the better I'll be able to work, na?" He asked her.