16

I stared at Namjoon in shock, unable to find the words to say.

With every moment that passed in the room of silence Namjoon looked more and more nervous. I knew I needed to say something, anything, but nothing would come out.

My head was spinning, wanting to shout out that I had liked him ever since we were kids but all I could do was sit there silently.

"I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. Forget I said anything." Namjoon says as he lets out an awkward chuckle before standing up.

Without thinking, I reached out and grabbed ahold of the back of his shirt. Shocked at myself, I quickly let go, my face burning in embarrassment.

"If there's something you want to say please say it." Namjoon says as his feet face me. Without looking up, I finally manage out the words that were scrambled in my head.

"I've liked you since we were kids. Do you know how long I've waited to hear you say that?" I say, feeling my cheeks burning with each word.

"Please look at me." Namjoon says, his voice soft. I slowly brought my eyes upwards, seeing Namjoon staring down at me with soft eyes.

"You've really liked me all along?" He asks, his lips curving upwards into a smile. I simply nodded, already embarassed enough having said it the first time.

I hear Namjoon chuckle slightly before he extends his hand to me. Hesitantly, I take it. Just as he pulls me up, he yanks me into his chest. My cheeks burn as my face presses against his chest while he hugs me.

I manage to pull myself together enough to hug him back before a sudden voice causes the two of us to pull away as fast as we could.

"What the hell is happening?" I hear and turn my head to see Leah standing there confused. "She made me food so I gave her a hug to thank her. Don't think to into it." Namjoon scoffs as he moves back and grabs his plate.

"Well don't, weirdo." Leah says as she walks over to me and loops her arm with mine. "I wondered what was taking so long. Come on, let's talk about Hayden some more. Maybe we can invite him over."

I glance over in Namjoon's direction just as she says that and I see his brows furrow as he frowns. I don't get to say anything else as Leah pulls me back towards the stairs and to her room.

The rest of that night, I couldn't stop thinking about what Namjoon had said.

-

As soon as Leah fell sleep, I took that opportunity to sneak over to Namjoon's room. At first, I was hesitant because I wasn't sure if he'd be awake, but I figured why not check.

Standing outside of Namjoon's door, I managed the courage to knock softly, making sure I wouldn't wake Leah.

After a few seconds the bedroom door opened, revealing Namjoon who looked shocked to see me.

"Hey." He says quietly as he stares down at me. "Can I come in?" I ask, wanting to block our voice from Leah. I already felt bad enough as is and I didn't want her to wake up and catch us talking at this hour.

"Yeah, of course." Namjoon says as he steps aside. I walk into his bedroom, looking around. I had only ever imagined what it would look like and now I was actually in here. Weird how things work sometimes.

"What's up?" Namjoon asks as soon as he shuts the door, leaving the two of us completely alone.

"I figured we should talk about earlier." I say, already feeling embarrassed. I never imagined a moment like this would ever happen.

"Okay yeah, sure. You can sit here." Namjoon says as he sits down on the bed then pats the spot beside him. I take a sit then turn to face him.

"What did you want to talk about exactly?" He asks as he tilts his head confused. "I told you I liked you. You like me too so what else is there to it besides date. If you want that, of course." Namjoon says as he glances over at me.

I pulled in my bottom lip, not knowing what to say. Of course I wanted to date him, I had for as long as I could remember but the only thing stopping me was Leah.

I had promised her I would never try to get with him or even like him. How could I date him after that? Leah would be furious.

When I didn't say anything Namjoon let out a small sigh. "I know you're worried about what Leah will think but who cares. If we want to be together we should be able to."

I looked up at Namjoon to see him already looking directly at me. I wanted this. I really fucking wanted this but I didn't want to do that to Leah. I just couldn't.

"I've wanted this for so long, but I can't, I'm sorry." I sigh but Namjoon isn't taking that answer. "I'm not going to stop having feelings for you just because my bitch of a sister doesn't want us to date. If we have to, we can sneak around but dammit y/n, I want to be with you."

I sat there shocked, unable to find the words to say. I simply stared at Namjoon, mentally cursing at how hot what he had just said was.

"Come on y/n, Let's do this. If you've really liked me as long as you say you have then you shouldn't have to give this moment up just because of Leah. You deserve to be happy too." Namjooon says as he takes my hand in his.

I stare down at our hands before I finally look up at him, knowing I might regret the words that came out of my mouth next,

"Okay, let's do this."