10 - of hottie noodles and silent breathing

A/N: Full crew!!

***

Monday, 07:27 AM.

When the weekend was forced to step down the throne, hell didn't hesitate to rise on its feet and smoothly take over, annihilating the most sacred time of his life: goofing off.

Moreover, his body had been begging him to just execute an one-eighty back home, drop to the safety of his bed and cuddle the fuzzy Rocky. His incessant yawning and droopy eyelids were the concrete evidence.

I hope the author updates their manga next week. After the dumpling buffet and taking jogs with Rocky, he had spent the rest of his Sunday on assignments while consuming the books he had been itching to read... and even that revitalizing break was too short. Way too short.

I need more.

If only reality worked that way, but of course, it would rather stay back in the background, ridiculing each of his misfortunes. Heh, now that makes me look like a puppet.

Welp, too late to turn back now.

After a ferocious struggle - even if it was just a step out of the train - against the angry stream of bodies, Abel found himself clutching hard on the straps of his bag and straightening his shirt. Just like always, people were practically cramming themselves into the train, desperately seeking for even a minuscule space.

My condolences for those sandwiched.

Right at this moment, Abel would have flown down the stairs and straight into the bus stop, but there was no point. That bus was just going to deride him as he was left panting and wheezing. Not to mention, most of his muscles were still in their deep slumber. Might not want to disturb their peace.

Another big yawn shook Abel as he dawdled towards the stop. Honestly, school might be a realm of suffering - especially early in the morning - but it had given him several distances from his family, so... he had to appreciate that at least. At the cost of Rocky and my bed, though.

"The lion has awakened."

Abel jumped at the sudden familiar voice, coming from right beside him. Rubbing his eyes, he turned his head to the side, his gaze directly confronted the signature deadpan look of his newly found friend. And in just a snap, all parts of him tensed up.

God, I swear, ever since the last convention, I keep on crossing paths with Mairi.

Was it another pure coincidence? Perhaps. She mentioned living around this area when they were going home, so he shouldn't have been so surprised... but there he was, a once level-headed man, reduced to a mere dunce who had just learned the definition of confidence. A daily reminder to stay as composed as you can. Don't freak out you bozo.

"You going to school too, huh?" He sneered, folding his arms. With her hands hidden in the pockets of her dark hoodie, Mairi sported a black backpack on her shoulders; a paragon of a typical high school student.

"School?" She blinked. "Far from it. I'm already out of there a few months ago."

"Hmm, so that means..." Abel didn't have the chance to complete his trailing sentence, as epiphany slapped him so hard, the force could have knocked his body off the spot. And just like that, his sleepiness dissolved. "Wait a minute, seriously?!" he cried out. "You dropped out or something?!"

"You make it sound like I'm too dumb to graduate." Mairi drew towards him. "Do I look that stupid to you?"

The closeup of her violet eyes... effortlessly continued their streak of making Abel squirm. Now all of his previous questions made him feel more stupid than he already was. Ugh, my brain's too fogged out to think...