Chapter 18: Blinding lights

As the day went on Reggie and Earl had packed, doubled, and triple-checked their orders for tomorrow. Reggie checked off a box on his checklist and looked over at Earl. "Now that all the deliveries are ready to go. Can we go to the human realm?" Earl nodded before he slithered away. Reggie's face lit up with joy, he rushed over to the kitchen and prepared a drink for Luisa.

Earl went to a small cupboard, pulling out an astronaut-like helmet. It was dark purple and fit the snake's head like a glove. He slithered back over to his demon friend, "Hiss." "Yep, I'm all set. You have your helmet?" Earl nodded as he slithered into a small, brown bag. Reggie put the drink he made in the bag with him before picking it up and taking them to the Encanto.

Earl curled up inside of the bag, closing his eyes. He never visited the human realm as much as Reggie nor has he seen much of it. All he knew was that the sun was an unforgiving ball of blinding light. "We're here," Reggie said as he looked in the bag. "Don't worry Earl. You have your helmet, and you don't have to leave the bag." He smiled at his helmet-wearing friend "Hiss." Reggie was about to fly off when suddenly someone walked into him.

"Oh, my goodness I am so sorry." "Isabella?" Reggie asked, confused. Isabella smiled "Yep the one and only. Sorry I keep walking into you." "There's nothing to apologize for. But uh what are you doing this far out of the village?" Isabella's face went from confusion to understanding "Oh yeah, it's our day off and I thought I'd spend it walking around the woods." "I see. In that case, do you know where-" Isabella cut him off "let me guess where Luisa is?" Reggie shyly nodded. Isabella smirked and rolled her eyes "She might be in her room." "Alright. Thank you and enjoy your walk." "You enjoy your time with my sister." She said in a sly tone. Reggie looked confused but nodded anyway and flew off.