25 | frozen heart

I eat my dinner slowly while my insides still feel horrible after what happened in Aiden's painting room

I eat my dinner slowly while my insides still feel horrible after what happened in Aiden's painting room. I wonder how I can still swallow the food even though my throat hurts so bad.

My gaze lands on the empty seat in front of me, and the sight makes me look down in shame.

A dinner that's supposed to be wonderful is now ruined because I made a mistake. In the end, he doesn't come here as he's supposed to.

I don't even know whether he still wants to see me or not.

He hates me. He hates me for breaking that pot.

I shouldn't have been inside that art room in the first place.

If he's so angry that I ruined a gift from his ex-girlfriend who cheated on him, I can't imagine what he would feel if he knew that I was the one who caused her to leave with Roman two years ago. Technically, I did.

It's still very clear in my mind how Olivia rejected Roman that day. Based on what she said to Roman, she indeed regretted cheating on Aiden.

Maybe she indeed wanted to be better for Aiden, and I destroyed her second chance.

Maybe she would never betray him again and she would make him happy for the rest of their lives.

What would Aiden feel if he knew? That I'm the one who made her leave.

I let out a shaky breath. The dining utensils drop from my trembling hands, clattering on the plate. I shut my eyes, taking a deep breath.

It just hurts so much. Thinking about him. Her. Them. Me.

It hurts to think that I'm the villain in his eyes.

I wake up with a heavy heart. My eyes focus on the bedroom ceiling as the morning sun casts its ray through the window.

A sigh leaves my lips when I slowly sit up. I feel like I need a good cup of tea to start my day although I don't think that it would be good enough to brighten my gloomy mood.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I walk out of the room and head to the kitchen. When I step into the place, I find Ashton sitting on a stool at the kitchen counter, slurping his coffee.