Chapter 3

*NOT EDITED*

After lunch, I had fourth period which is art. I sat down at my usual table. I sit by myself. Then Blake walks in and can you guess where the teacher put him?

Yeah you guessed it, right at my table.

He walks over, and sits at the spot in front of me.

"Hi, I'm Blake." He says sticking his hand out. With a breathtaking smile.

"Alex" I answer with a smile too and shake his hand.

"Alright class. Today we are starting a new group project. Working with the people at your table. You and your partner will make a life sized sculpture of any animal you would like. Also you can choose what you make it with. You also have to answer these questions" she hands us a paper full of questions "This is due at the end of November. You have two whole months. Also you won't be getting too much time to work on it in class so I suggest working on it at home or something."

I turn back to Blake, with the paper and pen ready.

"What's your favorite animal?" I ask

"Uhh. An elephant"

"Really?" I ask surprised. He looks at me questionly

"Yeah. Why"

"It's just. First of all, with your appearance I take you as a guy who lions or something dangerous like that. Second of all, that's my favorite too"

"Well I think we have found what animal to do"

"We did. Alright next question, why is this your favorite animal?"

"Well, everytime I used to go to the zoo, I would always go to the elephants. They fascinates me for some reason I don't know. So one day while I'm at the elephants, a lion gets loose and goes into the elephant cage. It stalking straight towards the baby elephants. The mom elephant sees and goes at the lion, knowing the mom could die she still does it, it takes it away from the babies and hits the lion with her trunk then it stomps on the lion. The lion didn't die, the zookeepers saved it. What I'm saying is I love elephants because of that time when that mom risked her life to save her babies. Family over everything. That's also why I don't like elephants very much. Oh and another reason why I like them is because I had a pet baby elephant for a week then my mom took it back to the zoo"

"Woah" I is all I have to say.

"Yeah. So what's your reason?"

"Oh yeah. um mines not as heartfelt as yours, but the reason is I love the boho feel of elephants. My room is elephant theme. They've just always been a favorite of mine"

"Nice. What's the next question" he asks looking at the paper "what are we going to make this with"

"Um I don't know"

"Yeah me either, well since the bell is about to ring, maybe we could work on this after school?" he asks me

"Yeah who's house"

"We can do it at mine. Here this is my address and number. Come over at four. Text me when your own your way" He says handing a piece of paper to me. I also give him mine

"Alright" I say as we both head our own ways.