Chapter Twenty-nine

Sam Lewis.

I slid off his back immediately we reached the banks of the lagoon.

We were now at the out of bounds area, the familiarity of the place tugging at me.

Amongst the shaded trees, I quickly recognized the one Jordan had sat on, those days when his mood got deflated. That very tree I climbed, sitting up there with him and offering words of comfort.

When we sneaked back to the hostel that night, I thought it was my first and last I was ever gonna be here.

And now here I am. Big congrats, yeah 😌.

Jordan finished tying his laces, standing up to his feet.

"You good?"

I turned my head at him.

"Yes. I should be asking you considering you carried out the major task. Did you break any bones?"

He chuckled.

"You don't exactly weigh much. What you be eating? Coz the first day I saw you in this school, I was like hey, that guy really got flesh?–"

Well, touché.

"–You were honestly that skinny but these two months we've been here, you've really put on some weight. You look healthy even."

I snorted.

"You don't have to make me feel better, Walterz."

"I'm for real." Jordan said, sincerity seeping into his tone. "You look less stressed than the first day I saw you."

That must be because of zero contact with my auntie!

"Alright, alright."I took steps ahead.

"So what's the next plan? How do we get outta here."

  "Kinda simple. We've done the difficult part of the plan already. All we have to do know is get out of here,walk stealthily past the watchman–"

I held out my index finger,"uh–uh don't give me that crappy idea of walking in front of an imaginary blind watchman. That man's eyes are as clear as the day!"

Jordan grinned lightly.

"Okay no objection. Then our alternative will be to use the other route. The one that leads to the Pope's convent."

I paused, thinking over.

"Are you serious? Them popes will probably be around! They had Mass celebration today after all."

Jordan flicked his phone on.

"See, it's 9:35. They might all be in their rooms either praying or reciting the Angelus."

I facepalmed. "So just in case we ran into them, what should I do to you apart from screaming an I told you so?"

He drummed his fingers against his chin.

"You could make me buy food and do your laundry for a week."

Sounds so good!

"Contrarily,"he took a step closer, allowing his voice to drop in a low sensual tone,"if I get us back to the hostel in peace, what should I do to you?"

His eyes to roamed methodically over my face, stopping at my lips.

"Because I gah a whole lotta things to do to you."

What's... that supposed to mean–

"Let's go boy!" Jordan announced increasing his steps ahead.