THIRTY EIGHT

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Happy early update! Whilst you're here, follow my second writing account SavannaWritess where I'll be posting BxG YA romance books in the future!

By the seventh day I had crumbled, nothing felt real anymore and I was five seconds away from destroying everything in the house. Nella had convinced me to spend some time with the pack for a day or so but when the sixth day slipped into the seventh, I moved back to my office.

I couldn't bear seeing anyone, especially when they all had their mates and I am never going to hold mine again. This was it, I was accepting my loss. They kept telling me to wait, and to remember that sometimes the locket takes a while to take action. Which I didn't understand because how could they know? Diamond was the one who told them about it and none of them knew if it would actually work.

But it had been far too long now, they were just trying to keep my spirits high. Convince me that she would wake any given second but the reality was, she was never coming back. She was long gone from this universe, from my life, I needed to stop kidding myself.

And I never got to say goodbye.

I never got to tell her how I truly felt. Regretting all of those times I pushed her away when things were getting too real inside my head, when I was scared of my own feelings. Wishing that I had just accepted her and loved her, stopped being a fucking asshole and accept my emotions.

Oh how much I'd give for one last day to hold her, cherish her and never let go. To smell her scent for one last time, to have her skin on mine whilst she held onto my body, to get one last sassy stubborn comment.

It was too late now, she would never know how I felt because I was too much of a coward to tell her when she was right here in front of me. I could have said more, I could have admitted more but I didn't because of my pride and now to me, that sounds stupid.

Cleo means more to me than my pride, she deserves the world and I failed to give that to her. I failed to protect my mate, I failed everything and now I'm paying the ultimate price.

My head rests onto my hand, slumped over my desk and staring into thin air. I didn't even know what to do anymore, I felt brain dead. My eyes had ran dry days ago, not one splash of water would leave my eyes.

It's like my body was going into hibernation mode and I couldn't even express the tiniest bit of emotion. Because Cleo was dead, how could I ever be happy after my soulmate has left the Earth forever?

Grief and guilt paralysed me the most, holding me captive and not allowing me to think of anything else but how I wasn't there for her. How I didn't know... I should have known. How could I not know?