C14 The Quidditch World Cup

" You bought tickets to the Quidditch World Cup ?", Iridessa asked her Daddy , her eyes wide with surprise .

" Yes , I thought it would be good if our family spend some time learning more about the Wizarding World . The Quidditch World Cup is on my list ."

They were standing in the kitchen of their house near a small town in the UK.

Esme had fallen in love with the house and had wanted to stay there for the summer holidays, or what was left of it  .

The town so happens to be Ottery St Catchpole .

Their house wasn't far from the Weasleys' house  so adequately named  The Burrow .

The Weasley twins had come by three times to visit them .

Emmet and they bonded immediately because of how Emmet was all mischief and all that .

Esme just adored them both . They never left without a packet of sweets or something else .

" I don't like Quidditch much , but I would love to see this last match . Ireland and Bulgaria against each other . Ron can't stop talking about it . Did you know that Sirius Black is out of the hospital ?. Harry and he will be staying with the Weasleys  for the last part of the summer ," she rambled on .

" Yes , Molly told Mommy and I . Eat your breakfast , Little Missy ,or you won't be allowed to go hiking to your friend Luna's today ".

She pouted . Her Daddy could really be pushy sometimes . She wasn't hungry at all .

The red wagon had come for a visit and she felt all bloated and gross .

" I'm not going to Luna's today ," she said , eyeing her wholesome breakfast of toast , beacon, tomatoes and eggs .

He frowned , a look of worry appearing on his face .

He reached out to touch her forehead ." You're not warm . Are you feeling sick ?".

" Daddy ...", she whined ," no I'm not feeling sick . You know it's the little red wagon ."

He scrunched up his nose . He knew , but he just wanted to make sure nothing else are wrong .

" Okay then, Little Missy , eat some of your breakfast ,at least . You need your strength ."

" Yes , Daddy ," she mumbled , her eyes on her food .

" Good , just tell me if you feel pain or a little bit bloated . I'll give you something for it ."

She nodded and lifted a fork to her mouth with some egg on it .

Carlisle watched her , a deep ache in his undead heart . His little girl was thirteen .... thirteen . A teenager . He hated that .

Where was the days she'd snuggle in his arms and babble in baby language ?.

Where was the days she smelled like baby powder and clean baby clothes ?.

Those days were long gone .

" Hey ,Dad ," Jasper called from the kitchen door that lead into the backyard .

He looked at his son ,seeing the concern there swimming in his topaz coloured eyes .

" I'm coming ,Jasper ," he said and moved towards the forever nineteen year old .

" We all feel that way ,you know ," Jasper said as he and Carlisle walked into the backyard where Edward was planting some flowers for Esme ," Edward said that you were thinking about our little rainbow growing up ".

Carlisle swallowed and looked at him sadly .
" Yes , I did . She is growing up so fast . One of these days we'll have to give her up to another man when she gets married and start a life of her own."