035 - Attractions and Revelations

(035 - Attractions and Revelations)

God knows how many times I edited the title of this chapter. It's only God that knows 😓🤧.

So a lot of people, while reading this book, have already believed that Simi has Dyslexia. I think I pushed the agenda a bit by agreeing when everyone was speculating. But then, Simi has never actually exhibited any symptoms of Dyslexia. He can read pretty well and is very much vast in knowledge all on his own. Even Hilary said his strong points are in subjects that are essay-like, basically subjects that have no calculations.

So what exactly is wrong with him?

I really want to know your theories before you fully dive into this chapter that will introduce the particular learning disability that Simi has. Trust me, there are many aside from Dyslexia.

P. S. We'd be using a lot of visual aids in this chapter. Who doesn't like a good picture description 😌.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

"Thank you," I said to the Uber driver after I paid him my transport fare and the young man nodded at me and smiled in response.

Opening the door, I came down from the car and the driver zoomed off as soon as I shut the door behind me, reversing the car so that he'd drive out of the estate. Due to security, Uber was not allowed to go further into the estate but stopped at the junction.

I looked up from where I was standing, a junction in between four different roads that were arranged in the position of the four cardinal points, roads that led to different parts of the big estate. Each road had a signboard to indicate them; Eastwell, Westview, Northbrook, and Southcreek.

"Now that explains why they are arranged in the position of the four cardinal points," I said to myself.

Bringing out my phone from the pockets of my shorts, I opened my chat with Simi to check the address he had sent to me yesterday night.

No 05, Eastwell Chateau,
Whiteridge Estate, Ikeja City.

I looked up again, sighting the Eastwell signboard, crossed to the other side, and continued my journey through the gates of Eastwell.

As soon as I walked through the gates, it was like I had entered through a portal into an entirely different dimension. The atmosphere was cool, serene... Welcoming. All the houses were the same, just like any other estate in the state, but there was an exquisite feel to these, something that made them stand out.