Chapter Six: The Last Thing I Need

"What did you just say?" Yoongi asks me again.

I shake my head and look away from him. "Nothing. It was just a joke."

"Cassi," he says, his voice softer. He closed the door and turned to face me. "Tell me what you said. Please."

"It doesn't matter," I tell him.

"It does when it's the same thing that my soulmate has been saying to me, every day since we started talking," He says as he walks closer to me.

I look down at the ground. "It's a...pretty common saying," I say to him. "It's not a big deal."

"Cassi, are you my soulmate?" He asked me.

I laugh, but it sounds forced and not at all like myself. "Sure, dude. Sure. I'm your soulmate. Because the universe would really screw us over that much."

"So you're saying that you're not my soulmate?" He asks, taking another step towards me.

"Of course I'm not," I say, still not looking at him. The slight fray in the carpet at my feet was just so interesting.

"Cassi..." He says, his voice somehow now even softer than it already was.

"I'm not, Mr. Min." I toed at the fray, making it a little worse than it was before.

I can practically hear him roll his eyes. "Not that shit again."

"Your idea," I reminded him. I moved away from him. "Look, I gotta go. I have to get this to the dry cleaners, or I am going to be waiting on it until 3 in the morning."

"Cassi, wait," he says, reaching out for me.

I move away from his grabby hands and reach for the garment bag on the way to the door.

"I'm not your soulmate, Mr. Min," I tell him, right before I close the door behind me.

I lean against the door, sucking in a few deep breaths that I didn't realize I needed.

Damn. That was close. Too close. I really need them to move me to one of the other guys, or I won't be able to hide the truth from him forever.

Because if there's one thing that Min Yoongi is not, it's stupid.

*************************************

Three weeks later, and I had somehow still managed to keep my secret. It wasn't easy. He was still constantly messaging me on the app. He even tried to use the app's newest feature and video call me a couple of times. I declined them all.

I felt kind of bad. He hadn't actually done anything wrong on the soulmate side of things. But I couldn't risk him finding out that it was me. Especially since he was already suspicious about it.

Thankfully, I had been moved off of Yoongi's stylist detail, and over to Jungkook. Styling him and Hobi at the same time, was actually a lot of fun. They both had a similar, upbeat energy, and kept me laughing all of the time. And it had the added bonus of never having to be alone with or in close proximity to Yoongi. I knew that he would be able to figure it out if we were in the same room for long enough.

Yoongi had been pissed when he found out. Maybe because nobody really told him. He didn't find out until they were breaking off into dressing rooms before yet another promotional appearance on TV, and the managers told him that he would be sharing a dressing room with Jimin from now on.

I had never seen somebody so upset. So pissed off.

Instead of going into the room with Jimin and his new team, he came to find me. He caught a hold of my arm right before I was about to enter the room that Hobi and Jungkook were sharing.