What Comes Next

"Okay. Okay, okay, okay." Foolish said, taking more so to himself than XD. "It's fine. This is normal. I mean, seeing as you never revived someone and this is the first time, it has to be normal."

"Uh-huh..." XD said.

"So, if she's alive, can't we just find her? Like don't you know where she is?" Foolish asked. "You have to because you know-"

"Because I know everyone." XD said, finishing Foolish's statement. "Did you miss the part earlier when I mentioned I didn't know her? Only after I saw the ring she had on did I know she was related to the blood god."

"Well....you know her now, don't you?" Foolish said. XD rolled his eyes as Foolish desperately attempted to make some sort of logical solution out of all of this. Foolish took note of this and made a remark about XD not caring enough about the whole situation.

"Why would I? A mortal is a mortal." XD said.

"But...you just made her immortal." Foolish corrected. "And what about the whole 'when you get revived you're going to be in severe pain till your body adjusts to a new gift' blah blah blah? You want her to deal with that on her own?"

XD sighed and retracted his wings, hoping that would show Foolish his intentions.

"I honestly do not care Foolish. The only reason I helped her in the first place is because I felt I owed it to her to try, since I couldn't help her brother." XD said. "The end, end of story. Wherever she's at now, and whatever happens now, it's not my business to interfere. Why do you care so much? You've known her for a few hours."

Foolish was taken aback by XD's reasoning, and disappointed. He sat down, and leaned against a nearby sandstone support that served to hold up the final constructions of the massive DreamXD statue.

"I don't know." Foolish said, throwing his hands up in defeat. He looked off into the horizon where the sky grew into colors of red and violet as the sun was setting rapidly.

"It's alright. You're a good person. It's normal moral integrity to try and help others." XD said. "But you can't help everyone."

"Yea, well most people don't have decent morals around here. Are you sure you succeeded in taking away the curse she had and replacing it with immortality? I think I'd feel better knowing Y/N was safe now." Foolish asked, picking up a small stone and throwing it off into the sandy earth below.

"No."

Foolish nearly shot up to his feet again, but stopped himself, knowing there's nothing he could do in the situation anymore. He slumped back down and sighed.

"Let's just hope that for whatever reason, she randomly got revived somewhere insignificant. And not by the hands of my brother." Foolish said.

XD looked up at Foolish, remembering a point he refrained from inquiring about earlier.

"Yea, about that. Why didn't you tell her that Dream is your brother?"

Foolish looked at XD in a 'does that really need explaining' kind of way.

"I mean...he's Dream, first of all. He's done some messed up stuff, putting it lightly." Foolish said. "most everyone already looks at me different just knowing we're related. I didn't want her to feel the same way. Also I'm pretty sure she would have tried to kill me. And honestly, I don't doubt her ability to do it."

DreamXD nodded in a manner of 'fair enough', and the two sat and watched the sun disappear into the horizon, sending the sky into a dark blue coloration, stars quickly coming into visibility.

"I'm probably overreacting anyway." Foolish said. "She's probably already found her way back to Tommy, and they're probably off causing trouble somewhere."