thirty two

• alright lads so i've counted up the votes for who takes pru and it's like 9 to mallie and amelia and 5 to ben bailey so mallie and amelia will probably end up taking pru in unless i get to writing it and change my mind on a whim, but i am planning on having amelia and mallie take her.

so now i'm thinking of maybe having mallie and amelia move to their own place, maybe next door to mer or on the same street so they're still all close but not on top of each other? what do you guys think?

i also know my updates for this and all of my other books have been shocking and i am very sorry but i've got a week off now so i'm trying to get ahead as much as i can again which is gonna be fun ;) •

"Why do I smell Nari's spicy beef soup?" Vic dragged Mallie into the beanery a few hours later, Maya and Carina behind her.

"Oh, my God. Is that Nari's spicy beef soup?" Mallie asked, running over to where Travis was stirring the soup on the cooker. 

"Is Nari here?" Vic asked.

"She was," Travis said. 

"How did it go?" Carina asked Travis. 

"How did what go?" Vic asked. 

"My dad was exposed. Playing golf," Travis said.

"Oh," Vic said.

"Yep," Travis said.

"Ohhhh," Mallie gasped. "Golf, as in, balls," Mallie said.

"Okay, ew," Travis said. "But,  yeah. Uh, I mean, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great, either," Travis said.

"Baby steps," Carina smiled sweetly. She gasped. "Whoa. Did I get an idiom right?" she asked.

"Yeah, you did," Maya laughed, grabbing Carina's hand. "I am so proud of you, Dr. DeLuca," she said.

"Oh, my God! First idiom right!" Carina beamed, jumping up and down on her feet as she walked towards the living room area where Jack, Marcus and Inara were.

Maya followed like an eager puppy and Mallie grinned.

"They're adorable," she said.

"A hundred percent," Vic agreed. She turned to Travis. "Okay, we need to hear everything, but we just saw Emmett go into the shower, so you wanna..." Vic trailed off suggestively.

"Stir," Travis shoved the spoon towards Mallie.

"Oh, yeah," Mallie nodded, stirring the soup around.

"Is my... Am I..." Travis ran his hands over his hair.

"Go!" Vic said.

"Okay," Travis laughed, jogging out of the room.

"He's so adorable," Mallie laughed.

"I know," Vic pouted.

"Hey, she's awake!" Jack yelled.

Mallie turned the soup off and followed Vic and Dean towards the window by the table that looked into the living room. Jack turned the tablet to show them Marsha awake in the hospital bed.

"Marsha!" Vic grinned.

"Hi!" Mallie waved excitedly.

"She's awake," Jack laughed, nudging Marcus as he showed him the tablet.

Marcus waved to Marsha, his grin evident even behind the mask.

Maya turned to Carina, pulling her mask off.