Dinner Without The Guzmans- XIX

You couldn't see much from your position, opting for Mirabel to explain or re create it on the floor. Thankfully she did the latter, but you noticed that there was a slight shake in her fingers as she did so. Her lips were pursed, brows knitted.

"Mirabel? Why, is it, is it bad?" you drawl out with a half yawn. She pauses, deciding whether to nod or shake her head. The girl chose to confirm your statement, and that in its self made your blood run cold.

And as you study the fixed slab in front of you through vision blured by your drowsiness, you made out Casita's breaking form.

And Mirabel who stood in front of it all.

She nervously picked on her fingers, watching your reaction with an apprehensive look. You only tiredly smile. It would be easier to deal with this later, for now you more likely worried what the girl would do if you decided to drift off to sleep.

"Let's, We should, we should rest first." Mirabel looks taken aback at your phrase. You can tell that she too was tired, but was putting it off for some reason. "Come here."

She let's out a defeated sigh, nestling into your hold before you three drifted off to a deep slumber.

You had woken up earlier than both, except your body was in pain. Pins and needles all over your legs and arm. A grimace formed on you face. However you don't move an inch. You figured the madrigals needed their beauty rest. Camilo shifted from under you, muttering while turning into a multitude of people you didn't recognize. One of them was you though. He must be having an interesting dream, you thought to yourself with a smile, brushing his hair to the side.

It was all nice and quiet before the door had slammed open. The boy in your arms couldn't care less, but you and Mirabel had jolted up. Out came Pepa, who looked around before spotting some boxes. Until she realized there were three kids sprawled on the floor and focused on that.

"Camilo? Mirabel? Y/n?" the tone of her voice changes considerably at the mention of your name. Her brows raised. "What did you kids do to get so tired?"

"Tia Pepa," Mirabel muttered dazed, eyes closed. She puts her hand up as if asking a question before shaking her head and plopping down. The girl made herself comfortable on your shoulder before snoring.

There's a looks of amusement on the elder's face. She turns away to grab a couple of boxes that stacked precariously against each other. You wonder how strong she was with how heavy her load looked to be.

"You best wake them soon," Pepa gestures to the madrigals draped over you. "Julieta is almost done preparing dinner."

The woman somehow opens the door, making the entrance wider by pushing it with her hips. Before she leaves completely she turns to you with a smile.

"it's nice to meet you, y/n. Take care of Camilo okay?"

You blink repeatedly. I didn't say anything... At least she likes me. The madrigal on your your lap moves slightly, nuzzling your stomach. It made you tense up, the position rather strange. Again time slipped by you as you wondered if they had gotten enough sleep. Ten minutes should be around fine.

Mirabel stirred. She looked around, before seemingly remembering something in a panic. "Y/N! TIA PEPA WENT IN WHAT DID SHE SAY DID SHE SEE THE PROPHESY WHERE IS IT WHAT DO I DO?"

In her frenzy she kicks Camilo on the head who jumps up with a yowl. "Ay yai yai, that hurts-"

He's rubbing the injured site while looking around at who to glare on. His gaze softens as soon as you enter his line of sight and he lets out a groggy good morning.

" Nothing, nothing happened Mirabel, calm, calm, calm down." The girl stops in her rant of how her entire family will be disappointed and hate her. She turns to you, relief flooding into her face. "We do have to, have to go down for dinner though."

They don't complain any further and walk down the stairs to where the madrigals were buzzing and moving about. You were thankful you were no longer seated on. But now your legs felt like putty and you limped across the dinning table.

"Did you hurt your leg?" Camilo suddenly spoke. He eyes you up and down, concern evident on his face. Even as you shake your head to say no, he didn't buy it. "You were limping."

"pins, pins and, and needles." He nods, taking your hand. You notice sometimes he does it without noticing, like now. Camilo is talking gleefully with his father, running his thumb across your fingers.

"Unfortunately, the guzmans will not be joining us today." Abuela suddenly speaks up and the talking hushes dramatically. "However the Santos will instead take their seats."

The mention of your last name snaps you from the daze you were in. your parents entered the room, smiling before they turned their eyes on you. Their expressions flicker into something else you cant quite place.

And so commenced the eating and drinking. Your mother stared at you every now and then. You didn't know why when they entered the atmosphere felt so uncomfortable. Mirabel looked to be picking on her food, lost in thought while Camilo jested with his younger brother, Antonio, who you didn't see in awhile. He waves at you and you wave back.

"um, Senora, Senora Alma," Her name felt strange in your mouth.

"You can can me Abuela dear." The silence returned along with most of everyone's eyes on you. Camilo squeezed your hand softly while Mirabel looked particularly out of it, almost looking like she thought you would tell.

"Well, Abu, Abuela, Abuela," If anything that felt even more strange. you repeat her name twice for good measure, making a mental note to practice that word later today.

"If you, if you dont mind me asking, did Bruno have any good prophecies?"