Chapter 15

"With me?"

Camilo's heart made a run for it. He couldn't calm his heart for the mere fact you are happy with him, not someone else, not anyone else, but him. He was staring at you and you noticed that shimering glints in his half lidded eyes. His eyes were filled with astonishment, and a bit of longing. 

"You really mean that, hermosa..?" He was baffled, scratching his nape and making that goofy smile. You rolled your eyes and nudged him, "Yes, Carlos, I meant it."

Taking a quick return to his senses, he saw your dress and he was blushing and smiling like a dumb puppy, "You look wonderful, no, its an understatement," he cleared his voice before dramatically offered his hand.

"You're breathtaking, mi hermosa." You fought the swoon you held in as you reached for his hand and flicked his forehead instead. You rolled your eyes as he let out a groan, holding his forehead, "What? What I said is true, though!" He looked at you, playfully offended before pinching your cheek, "Come on, now, Mama told me to get you since we are going to uh-"

He held his chin and thought for a moment, trying to remember something as he clicked his fingers to make a snap, "Ah, we're going to Tia Constanza's kindergarten, since Mama wanted to check on her."

•°•°•°•°•

Arriving on the place your mami have been loving ever since you knew how to think, it was just a colorful and comfortable place to express yourself in the way other places could. A place for learning and having fun. 

Upon seeing it, a swarm of children dashed to your waist, tackling you with Constanza showing up behind the door, "Oh, everyone seemed to come visit. I just arrived and was about to start the class." 

Pepa pouted and crossed her arms, leaning towards Constanza with a little storm cloud above her, "You weren't with us earlier so I missed a lot of our bonding time, Connie." Your mami laughed and sighed with a smile, "Fine fine, Peppi, since my sweetest is here, dear, can you be today's teacher instead for the children?" 

You gave her a thumbs up as you grinned, nodding, "Go on, Mami!" Pepa grinned a little mischievious and held her lips, "Camilo, hijo, why don't you stay here and help Omi handle the kids?" His son blushed a bit at his mother's attempt of making them closer as he nodded, smiling lovingly at his mama, hugging her waist. 

"To avoid Abuela's chores for me? Why yes, mama, I will!" Camilo barely remembered he had his chores waiting for him, but for the sheer moment of freedom with the one he felt the most comfortable with, how could he pass such a moment as he pulled you in with the children cheering with the shapeshifting boy. 

"Camilo, Camilo, shapeshift!" There is one thing Camilo loved the most whenever he uses his gift, to bring smiles to everyone he met. 

And some attention, of course. He started to play around with the children, shifting to one kid to another as you laughed at this, clapping your hand before waving goodbye to your mami. She waved back before nudging the staring Bruno. 

She raised her brow and laughed, "You know you are also welcomed in my school," Constanza whispered to him as he fidgetted his fingers, "They might get scared of me, Consta..."

She rolled her eyes and pinched his arm, "You won't know unless you tried. I know you get fidgety if you come along with us in the boutique alone when Camilo is here, so why-" She pointed at the door, "-don't you stay with them as well?"

Bruno glanced at the door and they saw the children peeking their heads at the door frame, with you and Camilo at each side of the door, grinned, "U-uh-" The children squealed and dashed to pull Bruno inside the dome of children, alongside you, who was also pulling him but gently rather than the hyper approach of the kids.