Today We Talk About Bruno- XX

Her lips press into a thin line. The utter regret that bubbles in your throat makes you want to cry. What was I thinking? Camilo notices your state, though he's not exactly sure how to help. Just as he opens his mouth Abuela spoke solemnly.

"We don't talk about Bruno." You suddenly want to melt into your seat. You weren't quite sure was sort of spirit possed you to speak up, about such a strained topic at that. "However, I can hope to entertain you with who I remember he was."

What. Your hand felt like it was about to be crushed as you turn to Camilo who looked to nearly want to jump out of his seat. Mirabel was off to the side, though when no one was looking gave a thumbs up at you.

"You remind me..." Abuela bitterly spoke. "You remind me of our Brunito. His prophesies never did any good, while some made no sense whatsoever."

Even with how she looked, brows furrowed, mouth moving as if she wanted not to talk, yet it all kept spilling out. Her tone of choosing shook you the most. Fond, like how a mother would describe her child. Except it felt more like if her son had committed a very terrible crime before ultimately meeting his demise.

Wistful, in some sense.

"All that went well were mundane. He predicted twins, out they came. He predicted a marriage? A proposal happens the next night." Julieta and Pepa looked pale. It was as if by talking about by the male brought forward his spirit.

Abuela sits up, moving off to the side and opening a cabinet. She had pulled out a green tablet, not broken, but off the same dull colour. Except the next she had pulled out had been glowing, which made you gasp.

"Once they have happened, they lose their light." The tablet she showed made your heart stop. "We never did know what it meant."

It was the boy. The one in your dreams. You recognized him by the mark on his cheek. He holds something you can't quite make out, but looking closer you notice with a sickening start that it was a book. Your diary to be specific. The one you very vividly remember to be left at home.

Your parents look to have seen a ghost as well, face ashen as they turned to you in shock. Your breaths pick up while you lose focus, her words slipping by you. How could he have been there? Unless he's real. And unless you're to see him very, very soon.

Camilo switches to rubbing your back, brows creased as he repeatedly asked if you were okay. You don't catch his words, only forcing out your own. "I need to tell you something."

The dinner was quiet the rest of the way. Mirabel looked to be thinking again, while Antonio looked at his hands like they had done something very bad. Why? Who knows. The older women had a disgruntled face as they immediately started talking to each other, their husband's trying and to catch up.

It isn't long until Abuela taps your shoulder. The fear in your eyes were invisible to her as she frowned. "I hope you will know now not to ask about the name we do not speak."

She leaves without a word while Mirabel pops up beside you. She looks excited while Camilo throws her hints that she doesn't catch. The girl takes your hand happily. "Y/N you are a life saver! Abuela never even said 'Bruno' until now! I'm surprised she told us, then again that's all thanks to you-"

"Mirabel."

"-So I pieced together what we gathered and it wasn't much but if the Prophesy shards we got were dim, then maybe it's already done! So the magic isn't at all in danger-"

"Mirabel-"

"-But then does that mean that the first time it happened was the last time? It doesn't make sense but it also does and I'm just-"

"MIRABEL!" She finally stops, taking in her cousin who was fussing over you. He peered at her, gesturing to you.

"Ah, maybe we should go to my room-?"

Camilo agrees with that. He's joking on the way up, but nothings shakes the grim atmosphere you carried with you.

"Ay, this won't do Hermosa." He lightly nudged you. "you know what? I haven't seen that smile in awhile-"

He turns to face you, walking backwards. There's another cheeky grin on his face. Camilo pulls out a slightly squashed cake in a bag, showing off to you. You recognize that to be the cake you had eyed during one of your walks around the village. When did he have the time to get it?

"I'm going to eat it." you frown. "In front of your face."

"Unless!" Camilo's theatrics return as you try to reach for it. The boy even transformed into a taller person to be sure you could not even brush your finger against it. "You show me those pearly whites mi amor~"

You grumble to yourself. Even despite the growing anxiety you can't help your lips from quirking up.

"Let me those teeth~"

"Camilo that's, you're creepy!"

"Only for you Mi Vida-" With that, no matter how hard you try to stop the genuine laughter that falls out of your lips, it's spills nonetheless. It gives you a sense of security. Camilo is still here, and that's all that really matters.

"Guys?" Mirabel calls from above the stairs. He hands you the paper bag and leads you up. You take a deep breath. Maybe that boy has a clue. But why was he holding your diary? Not to mention he was... Crying, wasn't he?

"Okay, what did you want to say, Hermosa?" Mirabel expectantly watched you as you took in a shuddering breath.

"I had a dream." You start. Camilo nods encouragingly. He's toying with your fingers again. "The boy, the boy in the glowing, glowing, prophecy, he warned me."

Mirabel turned to you with wide eyes, as did Camilo. His brows furrowed again. Your apprehension made more sense to him now. A person from the confines of your mind is suddenly said to haunt your future? Not pretty.

" It can't be that bad... " it sounds as if he's trying to convince himself. This is not gonna end well.