First Kiss || 16

×××××

×××××

"but he's my—"

"crush? i know, he's everyone's type." the girl says, grinning at aera who stares at her with wide eyes and a flushed face, bringing herself to believe that her group really dared her to ask her own brother out for a date.

she takes a deep breath as they don't listen to her and push her in the direction he's standing with his friend, daniel. aera glances at jake and clay, the former snickering silently behind his palm pressed on his mouth and the latter looking equally shocked as aera herself.

"uh wait," clay stands up, clearing his throat and gestures aera to come to a side, "what will you tell him?"

"i don't know," the girl groans, "i can't even believe they think i'm dating him! like dude he's a decade older than me! why would i date someone that old?!"

clay sighs, massaging his temples and nods, "listen, if you can tell him, great. if you can't, just give me a signal or something, i'll try to end this game here."

aera nods, taking a deep and looks at her friends who are cheering for her and telling her to go for it. she rolls her eyes, walking towards the other side of the living room where jungkook and daniel have been standing. the brother spots her and smiles, standing straight as he removes the support from the kitchen island and nods at her, asking what brings her here.

"hi..." aera smiles awkwardly,

"hi?" daniel laughs, "do you want something? snacks? juice?"

"uh no, thanks," she shakes her head, "actually my friends are playing spin the bottle and it stopped on me. so now, they gave me a dare and—"

"tell me it doesn't involve a guy." jungkook frowns at her, crossing his arms on his chest. aera nods slowly, about to tell him that the guy is actually him, but he's fast enough to cut her off with the scolding, "this is what i meant when i said you shouldn't go to a party. but of course you don't liste—"

"i know! just listen to me first," aera hisses, forcing a smile when she realises her group is watching. "the dare is that i gotta ask you out on a date." she says, looking down in embarrassment. the elders boys choke on their drinks, coughing out the beer in the sink nearby, before focusing on aera again.

"me?" jungkook gapes at her, earning a nod. "but i— why?"

"because they saw me with you and they think i'm dating you."

"jesus christ! these people have messed up minds!" jungkook cringes, "but you're so young! why would you date someone that older than you? and why would i date someone as young as you?"

"i know right?" she sighs, "i was trying to tell them that you're my brother— real brother. but they didn't even listen..."

"what kind of friends do you have?" jungkook pinches the bridge of his nose, looking embarrassed as well while daniel glances behind aera up to recliners where her friends are sitting.