Three

Arden
•••

   I had woken up ten minutes ago. I wasn't cold, and I wasn't aching.

   Like usual, I had no idea where I was. I know that I am in some type of hospital room, but this one is unlike the one at the school.

   I remember it all. The horror on his face, the feeling of the wind hitting my neck and back as I fell, the coldness of the water.

   I fell so fast and so hard. The second I hit the water, I knew I was gone. Or at least almost. I was dying. I was dying for so long.

   I can't fully explain the feeling of death. It wasn't what I was expecting. I didn't mind it. It was not something I can explain. It was just happening.

   I could of sworn I was gone, but then something happened. It was as if there was another battle. I was being pulled both ways. Both sides battling to get me on their side.

   I know who was the winner. I know that because I'm awake right now.

   Living. I'm alive.

   I'm alive yet I feel as if I were dead.

   "You're awake." A voice says. I look around the room, there's no one in here.

   "Hello?"

  "I'll be in soon." The voice says again. I look around again, there must be an intercom. As I scan the room, I see something that bring a little relief to me. My father's seal.

   My head perks back to the door as I hear heels click against the floor. To say I'm shocked, would be an understatement.

   We are so similar, yet so different. Our noses are the same, our lips, the color of our hair, our eyes. I would say our features are almost exactly the same, almost. While I would describe mine as more soft, everything about her was sharp. Her jaw was more sharp, her chin, the way she carried herself. She had a small scar right under her left eye, right on the top of her left cheek.

   "Sky?" I question. There was no way, this must be a trick. Maybe I did die, and she was here to take me away. 

   This couldn't be real, because she couldn't be real.

   She was dead.

   "Skyler." She corrects me with no emotion. Everything about her was just that, emotionless.

   Tears start to swell in my eyes. "This is a trick." I accuse. "Who are you?"

   She raises her left eyebrow. "You said my name, yet are asking who I am?"

   "You're dead." I cried. "My sister is dead."

   She looks down and examines herself. "Well, I'm not. Sorry to disappoint."

   "How?" I'm rooted in my seat. Scared that if I move, she will disappear.

   "To be dead, you'd have to die. I, have yet to die."

   Happiness burst through my chest. I throw the sheets off of me. I practically fall out of the bed. I run towards her.

   I'm almost to her, but she takes a step back and raises a hand to stop me. "I don't like being touched." She simply says before walking out.
•••