| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 |

The honks of cars and the conversations of passerbys and tourists fills and flows through the air as I maneuvere my way through the busy streets of Washington DC

My phone was ringing non-stop in my pants but I make no attempt to even check who it was.

It's the same routine everyday. Wake up, exercise or if possible go to the gym, bathe, drive to work then come back to meet Eve at home. The same thing happens over and over again and I think I'm fine with it– no –I know I'm fine with it.

But today's just different. I could feel it in my bones and I don't like it. The difference is just that I've been all over the place since morning. Woke up late, couldn't even lift a fucking weight, my car broke down in the middle of nowhere and now I'm having endless calls from people from my workplace I guess.

Groaning and glaring at anyone who comes my way, I walk up to the elevator ignoring the stares people gave me as I punch in the number of the floor I'm going to.

Stepping into the floor, my whole facial expression changes, as I try to be the jovial man they all know not a grumpy grinch I changed to, and I smile at anybody who greets me along the way. Immediately I set foot into my department, different people erupt in cheers. Howls and different sounds were made from various angles in the office and I just smile, like I said- I'm used to it.

This is the way my partners congratulate someone on solving a case. And I happen to have solved two cases in just a week.

Yes. I know I'm good at what I do.

"Rodriguez!" The chief bellows with laughter making his big stomach shake as he walks over to me.

"Yes chief?" I greet, trying my best to keep a smile on my face.

"You've done it again! Another case worked on and solved. We'd be throwing a party to celebrate this later this week." He praises slapping my back in happiness.

Get your hands off me you......

I just smile at him till he walks away to his office. I was already tired without doing anything and I hate it, like c'mon it's fucking nine in the morning.

I need to get checked cause going to bed early and waking up after eight hours of fucking sleep just to wake up tired isn't normal.

Dropping my bag, I walk over to the coffee machine when I heard someone call my name.

"Mr Mateo! Mr Mateo!" He screams running towards me.

"Just talk John!" I snap, adding a cube of sugar to my coffee.

"We have another case for you." He announce breathing heavily.

What?!!!

"I'm meant to be given a week off!" I raise my voice slightly while he trembles.