Insanity

The last remaining Afton, you.

Where were you? An insane asylum. They thought you'd gone mad with the amount you'd seen, the trauma you'd been through.

They were partly right. You were going insane, and some days you thought you already had.

You sighed, head falling back against the white padded wall. Today you were bored. You couldn't move, having been put in a straight jacket and chained to the wall.

The last time they'd let you free, you'd bloodied the pads trying to put yourself in eternal sleep. Now, they made sure you couldn't do that.

"Help me, someone please come and save me, need somebody to tell me, please please, what the hell is going on," you sang softly. You felt your eye began to twitch as you thought back to your family, long deceased. "Crazy, I might be going crazy, need someone here to tell me, please please, how do I get along?" You hum a bit of the song before looking down at your lap.

You let your eyes droop, and fall into a dreamless sleep.

A grassland, six tombstones, each adorned with names of the missing children. One, covered by grass. Another, high up on a hill, too far to make out from here.

There were some off to the left, those were your family's. In fact, you'd all but forgotten their names. How long had it been since you were a family going about their normal lives?

You only remember small things about them. The young girl, a red ribbon decorating her hair, wanted to see circus baby. The young boy, clutching his freadbear plush, killed on his birthday. The foxy mask bro died of unknown causes. The father...? We don't talk about him. He's a monster, he doesn't deserve a grave.

Smoke. Fire. Pain.

Coughing, you wake up and see that the place is on fire. Tears form in your eyes, and you scream out, seeing how dangerously close the fire is to you. "Help me! Someone please come and help me!" You scream. No one comes.

You scream in agonizing pain as flames engulf you, one last thought piercing your brain before you died. "I'll get my revenge,"

....

Dark

Light?

You weren't in pain

In fact, you felt the best you think you've ever had.

You were.. floating?

As you begin to reach the top, however, that sparking hatred comes back, and you're falling. It doesn't hurt as you land, and when you open your eyes, you appear invisible to everyone else around you.

Mothers, children and grandparents alike are bustling in to a grand hall and some were wrestling screaming children back out again.

Rising above them all, you thought to yourself "how long have I been dead?" You spot a teen on their phone and check the day.

Thursday 10th February 2024

Your eyes widen, you'd been dead sixteen years?! But it felt only a minute since you'd been in that other place! You shake your head.

You'd better find out where you are..

_______

Sorry it's so short! I don't really have much ideas nor motivation for much at the moment, so I apologize.

I do hope it wasn't too bad, though.

Thank you for reading, bye!