Chapter 10- Meeting 'Father' for the first time

Hi, everyone. It's Thursday and Nyx, the writer of the night, has come back with some new chapters . Thanks for your votes and adds. It really means a lot ♡♡♡

Enough of living cowardly 

That's what Bai Yuan thought the moment he realized that he was given another chance. In this life he had everything he wanted and could do everything he wanted to do. So why not? 

Who cares if I'm an Empress or what? 

Right. Who even cared for the previous Bai Yuan though he was the only concubine of the so-called Emperor, Wang Yiheng. Why should the new Bai Yuan care about him who is the main cause of the original's miseries, well actually his also, indirectly. 

"But what's the father of the previous Bai Yuan doing?" Bai Yuan thought, "Doesn't his mighty ears hear all that rubbish about his only son circulating around the palace?"  Finally he got up and decided on something. 

"Maids!" 

After that day surprisingly, the appointed maids had been very attentive and devoted to their master, his Highness, the Empress-to-be, Bai Yuan who doesn't give a f%ck to that title. 

"Get me dressed formally and prepare a carriage. I'm going to meet my honorable father."

There was something different when he spoke the last few words. Was it unfamiliarity or hatred? 

Let's check out Bai Yuan what kind of father you have. 

Very soon Bai Yuan got dressed up in a Purple hanfu but the ornaments and makeup looked too artificial and feminine to his eyes. 

 "Why did you put so much rough on my cheeks? And why is the lip color crimson? 

Even the ornaments are all flowers and leaves, boring." 

The maids fell on their knees, "We beg for forgiveness, Your Highness! Please have mercy." 

"No, nevermind . Go get all the jewelries and someone fetch me a wet towel to wipe these off" 

"Yes, Your Highness!" and with that they flew away with their hearts beating faster like a train. 

In the end, Bai Yuan chose the most simple hairpiece that he could find from the previous one's jewelry box. He also dismissed the maids and did his own makeup. 

"Duh, you gotta be kidding me if you thought I didn't know how to dress and put on makeup." 

He then came out of his chamber and everyone saw a new appearance of their master. Their master no longer carried the overly seductive features. He was properly dressed and attractive to any eye. At his arrival, his guards came forward to escort him to the carriage and then he was gone.

What are you expecting? A graceful earth-shaking entrance in the carriage? Dream on

Bai Yuan's carriage came to a stop in front of a huge mansion. The mansion bore a heavy, dominating vibe. 

'As expected of a Great General of the Empire. I can already sense authority in the air.' 

Bai Yuan thought as he descended from the carriage. Two heavily armored guards opened the door for them and so Bai Yuan entered the mansion. He was getting prepared for all types of worse scenarios. 

A father who doesn't have any interest in his son

Or maybe a father who only cares about power, using his offspring as a pawn

Or just for option, I mean one in a hundred chances of this father being loving and caring. 

Well let's just 'explore' :'), thought Bai Yuan.