The Resemblance

She stands there in the centre , with everyone's attention on her. Making her more conscious.

Confused. Not able to understand what to do.

Those piercing eyes of Aaron. Daring her to take another step and do any more good.

But what was the use now?

Bella has already made his office, her playground.

She sees the puppy, barking after it pees. Like she has done the biggest thing in the world.

And Exra just sighs.

" Bells"

It seems the puppy was already recognising her name. As she looks at Ezra. But does nothing to reach her.

Rushing forward. Ezra shakes her head in dissapointement. Looking into Bells eyes.

To catch hold of her.

Crouching on the carpet. She finally catches the little devil.
When she found herself. Just near the feet of one of the businessman there.

His shining speckless shoes just centimetres away from where Bella just peed.

And Ezra gulps.

Oh Bell! You will get me killed today!

Holding onto now a silent Bella in her arms tightly. Ezra lifts herself up, to find the stranger's eyes already fixed at her.

The man looked powerful. Hell, his aura screamed his position. He was not an ordinary man here.

His dark brown eyes looking at her strangely.

When he suddenly , gets up from his seat. And she literally flinches moving back , making his eyes to soften.

Gasps follow and every other man in the room get's up as well.

Damn! She was right. He is the boss here.

Great Bells. You couldn't find anyone else?

" Sor-ry Sir. We didn't mean to disturb you all. I didn't realise when she ju-st entered into a sprint and I followed her -here to find you...umhh like this."

He continues to stare. And Ezra , realises more explanation was required.

The man wasn't going to buy it.

" I swear I tried to stop her Sir.....but don't let her small legs fool you! They may be small but they are way faster than they look!"

" It's not like my speed is slow. I used to come first in the entire section in the middle school! Some children even used to laugh calling me a roadrunner!"

" Isn't that hilarious?"

She says trying to lighten the mood. To only bite her lip. On looking around and realising the cold stone look on everyone's face.

Okay?

It wasn't that bad. They can atleast laugh to keep her heart.

Not that it was at any ease right now.

However, her tensed smile drops as she looks at Aaron. And his murderous look told her clearly.

Shut the fuck up Stupid girl.Don't embarress me with you.

Stop making a joke of yourself.

Yah. That's it. They are going to be his words and she immediately lowers her eyes. Feeling something sting her eyes.

She is dead.

No one is going to save her now.

" Mr Reed. Is this the kind of professionalism you have in your office? Who is this lady and a dog? Seriously?"