Chapter 18

Sidharth wakes up again with Sana sleeping on his arm. He turns to look at her. Her mouth is slightly open, her hair over her face as she softly snores. He closes her mouth using his index finger and lifting her head, he pulls the pillow underneath it. He goes to freshen up and when he comes out he finds her still sleeping. 

"Kitna soti hai yeh? I know kuch Nautanki karegi and I will be late for work."
He mumbles to himself. A mischievous idea crosses his mind and he picks up his phone. He puts the speakers near her pillow and clicks on the phone. And from the speakers with a loud scream comes song,
"Woah! I feel good.." by James Brown. Sana jumps out of bed, startled from the loud music. Before she could understand what had happened, she finds Sidharth laughing, holding his stomach.

"What the f*** was that?"
She asks as she sits down on the bed. Sidharth keeps laughing and instead of replying he clicks on the phone again. The same scream comes out and Sana gets startled again.
"F*** man! Stop!"
He repeats the third time and Sana pulls the phone out of his hand and throws it on the bed.
"I said Stop."
"Mere phone pe gussa mat nikalo."
He goes and picks up his phone with a smile.
"Kyun aisa kiya tumne? Uff dil abhi bhi Kitna zoro se dhadak raha hai."
"Mam, it is getting late. And you were still sleeping so, thought of waking you up in a different style."

"Different style? I am going to kill you in style too."
Sana says with an angry face and goes after him lifting the pillow to hit him. Sidharth runs away and she follows him.
"You can't catch me. You know that. Moti!"
"Aye, main moti nahi hun. I am going to catch you and beat you, Siduram."
The chasing game continues till Sidharth's phone rings and he gets diverted. Sana holds him by his arms and hits him there.
"I won. I caught you. Ganda ladka. Mujhe dara diya. Ganda bacha."
"Stop! Stop it!"
When Sana doesn't stop, he grabs her by her waist and pulls her closer.
"I said to stop. You never listen. Don't you?"
"No.. I don't. You know me. After all, we were best friends."
She whispers, staring at him as she bites her lower lips.

For a moment he forgets to breathe as he gets lost in her innocence. His phone starts to ring again and he gives out the breath he was holding till now. He leaves her, picks up the phone and starts talking. After he hangs up the phone he turns towards her,
"What are you doing here? Go and get ready. We need to leave. I will be late otherwise."

Sana stares at him confused, "Where are we going?"
"Disneyland. Chalen?"
Sana giggles, "Really?"
"You are mad. I think you have an office to attend. But then it's your mood. However I have a job where I have to reach on time."
"I think it was your day off today. Then why are you going? Please stay at home today."
Sidharth looks at her with a little surprise, "Who told you that?"
"That's not important. Just stay at home today. Don't go na."
"No. I won't. Now tell me what's going on? Why are you so interested in me staying at home?"

Sana takes a step back, 
"Aise hi. I heard so I asked. I wanted to stay back so..I asked... Let me get ready."
"Wait! Don't move."
Sidharth walks up to her, 
"Who told you that I was taking a day off today?"
Sana scratches her head and mumbles, "Ryan."
"Of course. And what was his plan?"
"Nothing. Just.. that.."
And before she could think of something to say, Sidharth's phone starts to ring.

"Ryan, acha kiya jo tune phone kiya. Ab bol kya khichdi paka raha hai tu Shehnaaz ke saath?"
Ryan on the other side, "Khichdi? You know dude I hate khichdi and I don't know how to cook. You are asking all the wrong questions."
"Very funny! You told her it was my day off. You made some plans about something after I stayed back. What was that?"
"Yes, I told her. Yes, I wanted you to stay at home so that you will cook something nice. I was missing the special chicken curry by chef Siduram. Isiliye toh call kiya. Pooch le Shehnaaz se."
"I don't trust you. We will talk again this time face-to-face. Chal abhi phone rakh, I am getting late."