|7| w a f f l e

"Oh my gosh." the words came out of my mouth even before I can stop it. Surprised would absolutely be an understatement to what I felt.

Squinting my eyes together to see the pink sign hanging by the roof of the shop under the sun's bright light. I placed my hand on my open mouth. The sign in bright pink with a curly cursive font, shined brightly against the sunlight making it attractive to customers and passerby's-a good marketing strategy.

Still shocked, I turned to face a bored-looking Austin, behind me. "It says: Free scoop for every $5.00 worth of purchase." I told him giddily before looking back at the sign that says Ice Cream Wonderland with a bright yellow poster plastered on its side that offers a free scoop with the words Free scoop for every $5.00 worth of purchase in bright purple.

The shop looked cute and sweet-literally. It has upholstered ice cream cone-like chairs in different colors, pink and bright yellow striped walls outside, a few pink and purple umbrellas offering shade to their customers and waffle tables that can pass out as real. Only it's bigger.

The child in me squealed in happiness as I take in the outside appearance of the shop and all the kids that are pulling their parents by the arm to buy them a scoop. I smiled a little, remembering the time when I used to do the same thing to my dad for a scoop of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream.

Though I don't get it why Austin wants to go and buy ice cream to show me what it's like to live his old life. Being a jock and a nerd. Maybe the ice cream from Ice Cream Wonderland has some fortune cookie thing in it.

"So how am I gonna experience the unpopular and popular life by eating ice cream? Not that I don't like the idea because I sure do." I asked Austin who's now standing next to me, both of his hands in his pockets as he gave me a disbelieving look.

"Not that you dummy. There." his eyebrows are scrunched up together in annoyance as he pointed towards another direction near the ice cream shop. My eyes followed his finger only to see a two-story building at the corner of the street, around three buildings away from the ice cream shop. The establishment looked intimidating with all its glass and silver interior that screamed expensive. There's a huge balcony with silver railings on the second floor and glass doors by the entrance. The huge metal signage at the entrance has the words Silver Paradise in bold and silver letters.

Silver Paradise? "Silver Paradise?" I asked, puzzled. Voicing out my thoughts.

I snapped my head at his direction and watched him carefully. His eyes are closed tightly and his fingers are pinching the bridge of his nose while his other hand is lightly placed on his hip. He sighed before facing me and throwing his hands up in exasperation. "It's a club Angela. It's so damn popular in town. How come you don't know it? Do you live under a rock?"

Glaring at him, I crossed my hands across my puffed out chest. "I do not live under a rock and I know what Silver Paradise is. I just don't get why I should go there." I glanced briefly at the club before looking back at him.

Who build clubs beside playgrounds anyway? The people from my town obviously.

Silver Paradise is a well-known club in our small town. It is said to have the most expensive drinks and offers great music with a hot DJ, a huge dance floor and high quality lights. Popular kids with fake ID's from our school go there every week and brag it to their friends by monday. Saying that they had the time of their lives and it was 'the best night evah' even though they say the same thing every week.

The club's still closed. Obvious from its lack of lights and people. It will probably open later when the sun is set and the moon is out.

In my seventeen years of existence, I've never been to Silver Paradise. Not because I don't want to but because it's too expensive and I don't have a fake i.d to show the guard. So Silver Paradise had long been crossed out off my Bucket List. Long forgotten and buried under the depths of my brain, until now.