383-385

Chapter 383 - "What boyfriend?" (1)

Liang AnQi was speechless now. Sniffling, she said, "I just meant to say that I like your mother a lot. I didn't think that Aunty would have taken what I said the wrong way."

Li XinYun chuckled. "Who in this country doesn't like my mother? But liking her and wanting her to be your mother are two different things, right? She is my mother. With the exception of Sister Zhong Yi, nobody is allowed to fight me over her. You have your own mother already. Stop drooling over someone else's."

The way the others looked at Liang AnQi became peculiar – It probably wasn't Fang JunRong that she liked but her money. Even though they all said online all the time that they wanted to be Fang JunRong's child but they were just saying it for the fun of it. In reality, one's own mother was always the best.

Liang AnQi said aggrieved, "That wasn't what I meant. Don't misunderstand. I don't want to fight over your mother with you."

"Good then," said Li XinYun.

"Alright, AnQi sometimes just blurts things out. Let's just put this behind us." One of Li XinYun's classmates spoke up to smooth over the matters and give Liang AnQi a way out.

By now Liang AnQi dared not say anything else anymore. She had no idea what Fang JunRong had told to Li XinYun and how much Li XinYun knew about her. She didn't want Li XinYun to spill everything about her. It was said in the book that Li XinYun was simple and gullible. How come she was nothing like that after she had gotten to know her? Li XinYun was like an eel and difficult to catch. She almost ended up in a very bad spot because of Li XinYun.

Li XinYun was surely Fang JunRong's daughter. She disliked both of them!

Liang AnQi was intimidated by Li XinYun now and dared not get close to Li XinYun and pretend that the two of them were best friends.

Li XinYun, too, seemed to have turned over a new page and chatted with the others like normal and even brought up finance in their discussions. Those all sounded like gibberish to Liang AnQi. Liang AnQi did possess some technical knowledge in finance but she wasn't able to comprehend them. It would be very obvious if she tried to talk about them. She had no choice but to remain silent.

When they were about done chatting, Li XinYun suddenly said to Liang AnQi, "You know, if you really like to have your father come and pick you up, I can talk to him. He is quite nice to his children."

Li XinYun seemed very friendly and caring as though she truly meant to help out a friend.

Liang AnQi, however, detected the sense of threat – Li XinYun was threatening her. If she was to keep that up, she would reveal all of her lies.

Liang AnQi remained silent for a little while before she put on a bright smile. "It's alright. I will go and tell Dad myself."

Li XinYun shrugged and turned back to chatting with the others as though she had only casually brought up that idea.

By now, Liang AnQi no longer dared to underestimate the girl that she never thought much about.

She felt that perhaps Li XinYun only dared to face slap her in front of everyone because she was still too weak. So what if she had a good mother? So what if she was from a wealthy family?

Liang AnQi made up her mind that she needed to make more money and then she would spend them all on buying Qixing's shares and become one of their major shareholders.

***

Ever since the arrival of Liang AnQi, Li XinYun's daily routine became griping to her mother about her everyday after she got home. Fang JunRong gleaned a lot of information on Liang AnQi from Li XinYun. She had worried that Li XinYun would be led astray by Liang AnQi but had later on realized that she had given Liang AnQi too much credit. Liang AnQi didn't seem to be a very intelligent person and her way of thinking was very matter-of-factly.