389-391

Chapter 389 - Keep Your Friends Close, Keep Your Enemies Closer (1)

Liang Feng, wanting to save her niece as soon as possible, decided to follow Fang JunRong to her place.

She let out a sigh of relief after she had the jadeite in her hand. The piece of jadeite looked very different from the ones that she had seen in the past.

Holding it in her hand, she could feel the warmth coming from it. Its brilliance was reserved and looked very extraordinary.

She felt relieved a tad too early.

She quickly received a call from her place that Liang AnQi, catching wind somehow, had run off using going shopping as an excuse. She had blocked everyone from reaching her on her phone.

Liang Feng was so angry that she could puke out blood. She gave the orders to look for Liang AnQi as quickly as possible. She didn't care about the spirit in the body but it was her niece's body that the spirit was using!

Fang JunRong's lips twitched and she couldn't help but feel bad for Liang Feng and Kong Shuang. She suddenly recalled something and gave Jiang DeXian a call. She had him try and stall Liang AnQi should he run into her.

She had a feeling that Liang AnQi was on her way to look for Jiang DeXian.

***

Kong Shuang and Liang Feng had gone too far! They wanted to have a grand master perform exorcism on her!

The entire time since her transmigration she had been fawning over them and treating them like family. Who would have thought that she was almost stabbed in the back by them?

Had it not been the maid who couldn't bear to watch it anymore and clued her in, she would still be waiting around like a fool, thinking that they were nice people.

She did not want to return to her own world at all. This place was lovely. Here she was cute, from a well-off family and never had to worry about money.

She might be born out of the wedlock but that did not affect her quality of life in any way. Unlike in her previous life, her family was not wealthy and even when she wanted to follow the stars that she liked, she had to save up from her meal money.

Not to mention that she knew about the story arc and which stocks would go up in price. She didn't even need to lift a finger to become rich.

As far as she was concerned, even though things were exactly going her way right now, this world was still heaven to her.

Except that...

Now that she had escaped from her aunty's place, where could she go?

With the Liang family's power, catching her would just be too easy for them. Besides, from what she had heard from the maid, her aunty had already secured the grand master and was on her way to secure a tool for the procedure from Fang JunRong.

Fang JunRong! Why was it Fang JunRong again?!

She stopped and bit her lower lip. She had already left Fang JunRong alone and all she wanted to do was to become a major shareholder of Qixing. But Fang JunRong wouldn't just let her go now, would she? This was simply intolerable. Fang JunRong must be jealous of her because she was younger than her and this was Fang JunRong's way of eliminating her competition.

That was right, she could go look for Jiang DeXian! She had read the original novel and could be said to hold the script in her hands.

She had business information for the next several years and she could tell that to Jiang DeXian in exchange for his protection. She could have gone down this path earlier but she wanted to keep it as the last resort. But now, she could no longer afford to worry too much now.