009

Numerous textbooks have been piled up all over the coffee table.

There's a pen here and a pen over there. Some pencils and erasures abandoned for the meantime and a bin just close beside.

How many hours has it been since you started studying?

Thirty minutes.

But it already feels like hours.

Currently, you're inside the living room area. And Jungkook's sitting across from you. Although he isn't doing anything distracting, he's getting under your nerves.

"Do you have to be here the whole time?"

Without taking his eyes off his phone, he swipes his finger from the screen and into the air. "Pretty much." Jungkook slightly puckers his lips and hisses at me to continue.

"And here I thought you were gonna help me."

It's a faint mumble that's solely for yourself. You bring your gaze back to the piece of paper in front of you.

"Aren't your parents around?"

"They're overseas on a business meeting or whatever."

"Sounds like you're on good terms with them." You grumble under your breath, going over the questions on your papers.

Jungkook tosses his phone to the side and stands up, making his way to where you are. He plops right beside you, legs brushing against yours.

"What do you need help with?"

A scowl forms on your lips. "Where were you twenty minutes ago when I asked for help?"

"I was on a phone call." He states bluntly with a chin prompted above his palm. He's looking at the notebook. "Now where do you need help with?"

You already answered the other problem. So you point at another one. The space between Jungkook's eyes narrows as he takes in the equation.

"You can answer this?" He asks with one eyebrow raised up. With a face devoured of emotions, you nod your head once.

"Yeah."

He stares at you in suspiciousness, snatching the pen from your fingers. You find yourself curling the air while grinding your teeth together in annoyance.

Using the end of the pen, he taps the paper. "You seriously can't answer this?"

"Yes, I can't."

"But...but this is basic physics."

You blink once.

And then twice.

"I'll just get this out there, okay? There is no basic in physics. It's physics."

"I'll right down a different equation and then answer it. Similar to this and you'll figure it out from there."

He scribbles down a bunch of letters and numbers before sliding the notebook to you.

"Here." Jungkook then plants his hands on the table and uses that as leverage to stand up. "Are you hungry?"

"Not really. I had breakfast this morning."

"I'll be right back."

You watch as he walks away, leaving the living like he's in a hurry.

Thirty minutes later and someone enters the living room.

"About time you came bac-"

You words come to a halt. The first thing you notice is a wavy blond hair. Silver chains dangle below their earlobes and there's a shiny bracelet that sparkles under the sun.

They look surprised to see you too.

"Um. " They hesitantly say, tone sweet but suspicious. "Who are you?"