395-396 (End)

Chapter 395 - "To our future." (1)

Gao Kang was the evil mage that Liang AnQi had hired. Gao Kang had done something very evil when he was young for money, as such, he looked to be 80 years old before he even turned 50. He could feel that his life passed at a much faster speed inside of him as opposed to the others. If he was not alive, it didn't matter how much money he had.

He had tried to do some good deeds over the years but the karma that he was able to accumulate was but a drop in a bucket and was not able to extend his age. He had to try something drastic and see if he would be able to steal someone else's luck and lifespan.

That was when Liang AnQi found him.

Gao Kang could tell right away that Liang AnQi was a spirit who had taken over someone else's body. She was even gunning for Fang JunRong. Gao Kang had done a reading on Fang JunRong in the past and knew that her fate was very special. An ancestor of hers had become enlightened in the past. That, on top of the good karma that she had accrued, allowed her to avoid maliciousness in life.

Gao Kang had been eyeing Fang JunRong's luck for a long time but never dared to make a move on her. He would not want it to backfire on himself.

Now that Liang AnQi came looking for him, the stars couldn't have lined up more. He could totally use Liang AnQi in his ritual so that, should things go wrong, the curse would be reflected onto Liang AnQi and not back on himself.

It'd be even better if both of them sustained massive damages. That way he would have the opportunity to take what he wanted from Fang JunRong.

Liang AnQi, not knowing the risk that she was putting herself into, hit it off with him right away.

Nevertheless, while performing the ritual, he seemed to have seen a mountain surrounded by clouds and suddenly seeing blackness in front of his eyes, he tasted blood in his throat.

It should have worked out smoothly... even if the curse was reflected, it should have targeted Liang AnQi instead of him! Why was he injured?

Gao Kang had a splitting headache. He felt like tens of thousands of needles were being inserted into his head. The pain that seemed to come from the deepest part of his soul rendered him unable to talk. The wooden dummy in his hand fell onto the floor as did Gao Kang. His limbs twitched and his eyes widened all the way. Gibberish noises came out of his mouth and his fingers, skinny like chicken claws, tried to grab onto something but failed.

A few minutes later, Gao Kang stopped breathing.

And, just like that, the evil mage Gao Kang who had wreaked a lot of havoc over ten years ago died somewhere nobody knew about.

***

The same time that the curse was reflected back to Gao Kang, Liang AnQi, no, the girl whose name was Fei Jing, did not fare much better.

After her vicious words to Jiang DeXian, she anticipated the desperate looks on the two of them.

The very next second, she felt a strong force trying to drag her out of the body.

Fine! She could leave!

She had book transmigrated once, it could happen a second time. She hoped she would have better luck next time and not end up a cannon fodder who didn't even have a role. She hoped she would transmigrate into a doting novel next time and become the female lead who was doted on by all.

She tried to comfort her angry self as she watched her soul being separated from the body. The excruciating pain in her head made her scream out loudly the very next second.