[ 8 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
- SEVEN BOOKS -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

Leaning his back against the lockers, locker 167 to be exact, he looked at his watch. Two more minutes before it would be a quarter past eight. She wouldn't be late again, would she?

He sighed deeply at the thought he had. He hated her, even though they had only known each other for one day. No, he had only known her for one day. She had known him longer, of course.

But nevertheless, he couldn't stand her behavior. She didn't even apologize when she had dragged him down the stairs with her.

It still bothered him nowadays.

"Get out of the way, quick!" a voice suddenly echoed loudly through the hallways of the school.

Startled, the boy looked to his right, where the sound was coming from. There was a group of students walking there, just walking peacefully along the corridors and just about to turn the corner. Quickly they all moved aside.

Suddenly, squeaky footsteps sounded across the floor of the school. The sound was getting louder by seconds.

A moment later someone appeared there around the corner, she was running very fast. Her school bag was dangling on her shoulder with every step she took. Her light brown hair was blowing backwards.

All he could do when the boy saw him was roll his eyes and shake his head back and forth. "That girl," he muttered whispering to himself.

When she finally arrived at the boy who was waiting against his locker, she almost collapsed from running. Her breath was heavy. She felt her heart simply pounding in her head. She hissed in pain and put her hand on her forehead as she took a few deep breaths in and out.

The boy she was now standing in front of looked at his watch again and then back up at her. "You're on time, Jiwoo," he said to her, who was still busy trying to get her breathing steady, "I didn't expect that from you."

Jiwoo looked up at her crush, who was still standing there with his back relaxed against the lockers. He really is unbelievable....

"Since you're in such great shape," Sunghoon continued, "you can do some more right away."

Sunghoon turned around and opened his locker. He grabbed a book from his locker and turned back to her. Jiwoo, meanwhile, straightened up, but immediately a book was pressed into her hands. "Take it," he said.

She flinched and looked at him in disbelief.

One by one, Sunghoon grabbed more and more books from his locker and stacked them on top of the one Jiwoo was already holding. The pile was getting higher and higher.

"And that was it," Sunghoon said as he placed the last book on the pile, which already counted at least seven heavy books. That last book came right before her eyes, blocking her entire view. She couldn't see anything anymore than books.

"What am I going to do with all these books?" Jiwoo asked, not even knowing where he stood because of all those books she was carrying.

Suddenly she felt a pat on her back, an unexpected one, startling her. "We are going to go to the library together now and sort the books neatly onto the right shelves. I've already signed you out for the next class," Sunghoon said, "So come on! Move!" He gave Jiwoo a push on the back, almost causing her to lose her balance and almost drop the books.

Jiwoo sighed deeply as she rolled her eyes. He really is as cold as everyone says....

She took a small step forward, but couldn't see where to go at all. "Where do I have to go?" Jiwoo asked, "I can't see a thing!"

Sunghoon's lips formed a smirk and a small chuckle escaped from his mouth. Quickly, he grabbed his phone and took a picture of Jiwoo. He couldn't do anything but laugh at her over how stupid she looked right now.

A moment later he put his phone away again. "I'll guide you," he said and put his hand on Jiwoo's back.

Jiwoo gulped when she felt his hand on her back. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Calm down, Jiwoo. It's just his hand...

Sunghoon looked at Jiwoo's back and bit his lower lip. He felt odd, different, and didn't understand why. He was just touching a girl's back. Nothing special, right? But why am I feeling butterflies, then? He thought by himself. It must be a bellyache, I guess.

He shrugged the thought off.

He was quiet for a while. Jiwoo frowned her eyebrows, "And, where do I got to go?" Jiwoo asked him as she tiptoed to try to look over the books, but it was no use.

Sunghoon shook his head to come back to reality and slapped himself on his forehead with his other hand, that was not on Jiwoo her back. "Just take a few small steps forward..." He began.

Jiwoo nodded a few times up and down as she took small steps forward.

"Stop."

"What?" Jiwoo asked as she stopped in her tracks, "Why?"

Sunghoon chuckled quietly and let go of her back. He carefully stood in front of her and grabbed the book that was on the top of the pile, giving Jiwoo her view back.

She flinched of his sudden action. Looking up, her eyes met his. Her heart began to beat faster and faster. After a while of eye contact in which there was no talking, a tiny smile appeared on Sunghoon's face while Jiwoo was still staring at him in shock.

"Let's go," Sunghoon said as he gave Jiwoo two pats on the top of her head and then he turned and walked towards the stairs.

Jiwoo was still standing there frozen. When Sunghoon turned around to see what was taking her so long, she shook her head to get back to reality and carefully ran towards Sunghoon, with seven books in her hands.