33

IT TURNS OUT Parker really did tear his ACL. He didn't take it very well, insisting the doctors were wrong. He's been on crutches for the past 2 days, has to wear this bulky knee brace, and can't play sports for the next 6 months. I feel terrible. I've been helping him a lot, around the house and at school. He's been sulking. Understandable. It's Saturday now, a day that Parker would usually dedicate to soccer. But today, he's stuck with me. Lounging on the couch, eating ice cream and watching sports, which wasn't my first choice.

I lick the spoon, turning to him. His brows are pinched together as he concentrates on the soccer game, completely still apart from the rapid movement of his eyes following the screen.

"That was a foul!" he jumps, throwing his arms up and instantly wincing in pain.

I smile. "You know they can't hear you, right?"

Parker turns to me, the corners of his mouth turning up.

"Alright smart-ass." he shakes his head, turning back to the screen.

Silence.

"I'm bored." I sigh.

"Do you wanna watch something else?" he asks, without taking his eyes off the screen.

I lay back on the couch, swinging my legs up and outstretching them so they're rested on Parker. He turns to me as I lick the spoon again, his eyes landing on my mouth, before quickly turning back to the TV.

"Stop it Kinsley." he says with soft assertion.

I frown, making to move my legs, but his hand grips my thigh. Parker leans back, his head resting on the back of the couch as he blows out a sigh.

"What?" I frown, dropping my spoon in the ice cream tub and discarding it on the coffee table.

His chest rises slowly, falling just as slow as he closes his eyes. "I told you, you can't look at me like that."

I pull my legs back towards myself now, crossing them.

"You always say that, but you never say why." I huff.

Parker's head lolls to the side as he looks over at me. I watch him while he studies me, his eyes lingering on my lips a moment longer than the rest of my face.

"Come here." he says softly.

My heart beat quickens, but I comply, crawling across the couch until I'm beside him, a safe distance away, sitting on my legs. Parker doesn't say anything, simply holding out a hand. I narrow my eyes, but place mine in his. He pulls me forward in a swift movement, and places my hand on his crotch. I gasp at the shock of the quick move, before realising what he means. He's hard. Like, solid.

"That's why." he says, letting go of my hand and turning back to the TV.

I'm not sure what to say. But what I do know is I want his attention on me. Before I can think logically enough to stop, I find myself straddling his lap, my arms draped over his shoulders.

Parker looks between my eyes, his perfect lips parted. I bring my hand up to his face, running my finger across his bottom lip. He hesitates slightly, before leaning forward, the warmness of his lip on my thumb being replaced by the warmth of his tongue as he guides it in to his mouth, sucking a little. I suck in a breath. Well, I think I do. I'm not entirely sure that I'm breathing.

Parker's hand slides up my back, making me shiver, before it reaches my nape. He pushes his fingers in to my hair, pushing my head toward him so he can lean up. He kisses me, tongue first. Deep, warm, wet, consuming. I bite his lip, pulling at it. His free hand moves to my waist, bringing me closer and the sensation forces me to bite down a little harder, making him groan.