Evaluation

"No it wasn't!"
"Oh yes, yes it was!"
I groan and lay back on the bed, and curl into a ball.
"It was not funny Maya! It was humiliating! You should've seen his face, he was pissed!"
"Come on it wasn't that bad."
I mumble to myself and roll over, facing my back to her. "I don't wanna go back down there."
"But you have to, it's evaluation."
I growl lowly to myself. "Fine."

I grab a pair of work out leggings and a black tank top to change into. I go over to my little corner to change, keeping my mark hidden. I don't even bother with shoes. I go over to the mirror and throw my hair up into a pony tail to keep it out of my face. I look over to Maya who's waiting by the door.

"Ready?"
I sigh. "As ready as I'll ever be." She laughs.
"Oh come on it won't be as bad as you think." I roll my eyes and we set out to find the gymnasium.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get to the gym and I am immediately hit with that amazing smell again. I've got to find the source of it, it's going to end up driving me, and my wolf, crazy.
We find a seat on the floor as we wait for others to arrive. All the alphas are standing in the front including Alpha Felix, who has changed his shirt. I look down, hoping he doesn't spot me. He looks around to everyone who is already here, and I try to keep my head down, even though I can't help but stare. His shirt is more tight fitting, accentuating his very muscular torso. It was then that our eyes met, and I instantly look away, embarrassed once again for being caught staring, but I can still feel his eyes on me.

More people begin to arrive, and the gym begins filling up. I spot Blaine and Logan walking in and wave them over. Logan walks straight over to Maya and sits next to her while Blaine plops down next to me.
"Hey Amb, I see you've gotten dried off," he says with a smile.
I blush wildly, why'd he have to bring that up? He laughs.
"Sorry didn't mean to embarrass you," he continues laughing as I slap his arm, but start laughing myself. Okay maybe it was a little funny.
I look over to see Alpha Felix glaring at us. Goodness what have I done now?

A few minutes go by as one of the other Alphas clears his throat, silencing the gym. "Hello students, my name is Chris, Alpha of the Forestgreen Pack. This evening we will be pairing you up with someone of the same sex, and having you fight them. When you come up to fight, you will say your first and last name and your age. We will be evaluating the fights and split everyone up into 10 different groups. That will be your training group. Your group will also be assigned to one of us, as we will be your trainers. Are there any questions?" Everyone stays silent, so Alpha Chris calls up the first two to fight, it's two males. "Say your names." They speak their names. "No shifting, we are testing your hand to hand combat. No low blows or fatal hits. Do you understand these terms?" The boys nod as the Alpha sets back to where the others are. "Fight!"

The boys tackle each other to the ground and wrestle. The fight lasts less than five minutes while the alphas are writing on their papers.

This cycle continues, going back and forth between girl group and guy group, and I start to lose interest. This doesn't concern me, I've fought rogues much larger than the girls here, so I don't believe today will be too challenging. I sniff the air, breathing in that wonderful scent once again. I begin thinking about my mother and sister. I hope they're doing okay. I know my sister would be home from school right now, and I wonder what trouble she's found herself in. I smile at the thought; she always was a little troublemaker.

Maya hits my arm, bringing me back to what's happening. I look at her confused when she gestures to the Alphas. They're pointing me out to come up next.
I leap up and make my way over to the mat where the other girl stood. I look up at her. She's tall, blonde hair up in a bun, and dark brown eyes. She looks me up and down, and smirks. Oh I'm going to enjoy this. "Sheila Greene, 19." I hear her say.
"Amber Everwood, 18."
The Alphas write our names down, then look to Chris. "No shifting, no low blows or fatal hits. Do you understand these terms?" We nod. Chris joins the rest of the Alphas. "Fight!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fight lasted all of 10 seconds. This Sheila girl obviously had no idea how to fight. She ran at me to throw a punch and I grabbed her fist, turned, and flipped her onto her back on the mat. She groaned and went to get up when I punched her straight in the nose. She flew back, and went to get up again, then decided against it and bowed her head, showing her surrender. I smirk at her and look to the Alphas who are writing something on their papers. I bow my head in respect then make my way back to Maya and the others.
Maya pats me on the back. "Great job!" I smile a thanks at her then look up to be met with Alpha Felix's eyes. It's hard to tell but it looks like he's smirking.

Time goes on as one by one Maya, Logan, and Blaine are each called up to fight. Logan and Blaine seemed to take down their opponent without too much struggle, while Maya had met her match. I pat her back when she comes to sit back down. "It's okay, you'll get them next time."

Eventually I am called back up to fight again. This starts to become a routine. I'm called up, fight for about 10 seconds, then sit back down. I have yet to be hit.

I am called up for the last fight of the night. I make my way to the mat and look at my final opponent. She's the same height and size of me, but has hazel eyes and short brown hair.
"Haley Turner, 18."
"Amber Everwood, 18."
"No shifting, no low blows or fatal hits. Do you understand-" Chris is cut off when Haley swings a punch at me, hitting me square in the nose. Before Chris can step between us I lunge myself at Haley, tackling her to the ground. She attempts to throw me off but I flip her onto her stomach and straddle her. I grab her hair and pull her head up and slam her face into the mat 3 times. I go to do it a fourth time but she whines and exposes her neck, showing surrender. I get off her, wipe the blood away from my nose, and look at the Alphas, who are rather stunned by Haley's actions. I nod my head in respect and go back to my spot, leaving my opponent bloody and laying on the ground. Her friends come to help her as one of the Alphas go over to her and take her out of the gym. I assume he's taking her to the nurse. I smirk.

Alpha Felix clears his throat. "You will all be evaluated and given your new uniforms either tonight or tomorrow morning. These uniforms will symbolize what group you are in, and you are required to wear them at all times unless stated otherwise. Curfew is at 9:00pm, and you are not permitted to leave the room after that time. You are to be in the caferteria at 7:30am for breakfast, then be with your groups by 8:30am. You are dismissed."

I have no idea what this man just said, I was too distracted by the lovely sound of his voice to even pick up what he was saying. Ehh, oh well I'll find out from Maya later. Everyone stands and begins talking as they slowly make their way out of the gym. I stand up and stretch when I hear snarling behind me. I turn around to see Haley's friends walking by, glaring at me. I raise my eyebrow at them as they continue walking. How mature.

I get to the door when I hear that lovely voice again. "Miss. Everwood?" I turn to see the God of a man in front of me. Alpha Felix. I clear my throat. "Yes Alpha?" He hands me a bag filled with clothes, my uniform. "You have impressed me tonight, so you have been assigned to my group for training. You are to be in work room #3 tomorrow morning by 8:30am sharp, not a minute later. Is that understood?" My wolf purrs in appreciation. Me? I've impressed the Alpha? That's a first. I take a breath in. Him! That lovely smell is his scent! The smell has clouded my senses again, removing my ability to make words, so I just nod, and of course just continue to stand there like an idiot. My wolf is begging me to reach out and touch him, but I snap at her, resisting. He raises his eyebrow. "Do you need anything else Miss. Everwood?" I can't help but blush, I love the way he says my name..
I shake my head, turn and walk away, my wolf growling at me to turn back around and run to him. I roll my eyes.
Don't you feel it? Storm whines.

Feel what? I ask confused.

That connection! He is our mate! She practically screams at me. My face freezes. There's that word again, mate. I still don't entirely understand what a "mate" is. I mean of course I know it's someone you are suppose to be with, but I don't really understand how the process works. Do I give him something? Do I tell him? Does he already know? I just don't understand.

I walk back into my room, head straight for my bed, and close my eyes, letting sleep take over.