Chapter 3 | The Sin (Part 1)

Cordelia wakes to the sound of another person talking. She opens her eyes and spots Mando watching a transmission. The Child stands on the control panel to the right and slightly behind him.

"Mando. I've received your transmission. Wonderful news. Upon your return, deliver the quarries directly to the client." The man says. He chuckles. "I have no idea what he wants with the two of them, but he's very antsy. Safe passage! You know where to find me." He says. She turns and watches as Mando grabs something from the Child.

"It's not a toy." He says. He moves the Child back to his pram and spots Cordelia awake. "How long have you been awake?" He asks. She chuckles.

"Long enough to hear the transmission if that's what you're wondering." She says. He turns away and starts messing with the controls.

"I'm sorry." He says, just loud enough for her to hear. She shakes her head, even though he can't see.

"You're just doing your job." She says. She watches as he lands the ship. They leave the ship in silence, Mando leading the way through town. 

Eventually, they stop at a door. Mando knocks and a droid comes out of the wall, speaking in an alien language. It scans whatever he holds up and the door opens. Stormtroopers exit, looking at Cordelia and the Child. One of them nods and the other grabs Cordelia by her upper arm, dragging her inside. His grip is tight enough to leave a bruise, but she stays silent, not wanting to give him any satisfaction. They walk down a hallway and the stormtrooper in front grabs the pram and tilts it forward.

"Take it easy with them." Mando says, eyes moving between the pram and the tight grip the other stormtrooper has on Cordelia's arm.

"You take it easy." The stormtrooper holding the pram says. They enter a room and the Client stands, holding a tracking fob in his hand. The stormtrooper holding the pram moves to grab Cordelia's other arm. 

"Yes!" He says, moving around the table. He moves in front of the two quarries. The other man in the room joins him and inspects the two. He pulls out some type of scanner and scans them.

"Very healthy. Both of them." He says. The Client looks at Mando.

"Your reputation was not unwarranted." He says.

"How many fobs did you give out?" Mando asks.

"These assets were of extreme importance to me. I had to ensure their delivery." He says, moving back to the table he was sitting at. "But to the winner...go the spoils." He says, placing a camtono on the table. 

He opens it, revealing beskar ingots. Mando moves to join him at the table, taking two of them into his hand.

"Such a large bounty for such small packages." He says. The other man moves towards a door, the Child's pram following. He cries as he moves towards the door.

"Hey! Where are you taking him? What's gonna happen to him?" Cordelia says, struggling to get out of the stormtroopers grip.

"None of your concern." One of them says. She struggles harder.

"Let me go! Don't hurt him!" She says. The Client nods at the stormtroopers and they start dragging her towards another door. "No! Get your hands off me!" She yells, trying to hit them. One grabs her by the hair and tugs so she's forced to look up at him.

"Stop and maybe we won't hit you as hard later." He says. She struggles harder as they pull her through the door. Once she's out of the room, one hits her over the head, knocking her out.

***

Cordelia wakes with a groan, her head pounding. She tries to move her hand, only to find it strapped down. She looks down and sees that her wrists and ankles are strapped to the table. She tries to get a hand free, but it's no use as the straps are on too tight.

She sighs and looks around for anything she can use to free herself. She looks around, only to see that the room is completely empty. As she's about to start trying to free herself again, the door opens. A stormtrooper enters, pushing a cart filled with instruments. The Client follows, then two more stormtroopers.

"Ah, you're awake. Good. We can start." The Client says. She glares at him.

"Where's the Child?" She asks. He chuckles.

"That will be the least of your worries." He says. He turns to the stormtrooper at the cart. "Prepare the tools." He says. He fiddles with them for a moment before moving closer, holding a sharp blade.

"Ready, sir." The stormtrooper says. The Client smiles.

"Perfect. Answer my questions and you won't be harmed. Refuse, and he will use whatever he sees fit to get the answers." He explains. She glares at him again. "Now, where is your brother?" 

"Brother? I don't know what you're talking about." Cordelia says. The Client nods and the stormtrooper cuts her arm with the blade. She grunts and the stormtrooper chuckles.

"Don't lie. Tell me where he is." The Client says. The stormtrooper switches the blade out for a larger knife.

"I don't know what you're talking about you psychopath!" She yells. The stormtrooper cuts her cheek this time, making her grunt louder this time.

"Don't worry. We have all the time we need to get answers out of you." He says. He turns to the stormtrooper. "Do what you must to get her to talk." He says before turning and walking out of the room, the other stormtroopers following. 

The stormtrooper turns back to the tray and grabs a different tool. Cordelia can't tell what it does until he shoves it into her side, sending waves of electricity through her body. She screams, writhing around on the table. 

The two continue like this, him torturing her and her not saying a word. It goes on until she eventually passes out from the pain, body exhausted.