8 - ARC 1.8

Third P.O.V

Once Gene's father finally realized that Gene wanted nothing to do with him, he left the house.

Mary, however, still wanted to get closer to Gene. So once they moved into their new house, and Mary started going to school with Gene.

"You know what, we should all go swimming together! I know a great place that has an indoor pool. What do you think (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) first started walking home with Nick, then came Gene, who brought Mary. And so the four teenagers ended up walking to (Y/N)'s house together.

"I'll go if Nick goes."

(Y/N) said. Nick, after all these years, still looks hot, and (Y/N) truly considers him as their best friend. The only downside was how (Y/N) felt like horse poo next to Nick.

"Can you swim laps?"

Nick asks Mary a question only a swim team member would ask.

"Of course!"

Mary answers with a smile.

"Then I'll go."

Nick says.

"How about you, brother?"

Mary asks Gene. Gene has a blank expression on his face.

"Sure."

Mary looked like she won the lottery.

"Alright then! Remember, tomorrow after school! I'll text you the address!"

Then Mary ran off to who-knows-where.

"Well that was weird."

The next day(after school)...

"This is the right address, but why does it look like a mansion?"

Nick asked. (Y/N), Nick, and Gene were all waiting in front of the huge mansion for Mary to show up.

"Maybe the person who lives here rents it out?"

(Y/N) suggests uncertainly. Gene just stayed quiet.

The door of mansion opens and out comes Mary.

She was wearing a pink bikini swimsuit with daisies on it. It made (Y/N) wonder if the girl had ever heard of perverts.

"Come on in!"

Mary says cheerfully.

"Are you sure we're allowed in there?"

(Y/N) asks.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I let you in my house?"

(Y/N)'s jaw dropped. Even Nick's mouth was slightly parted.

You would assume to 'inherit riches', there would be some 'riches' to inherit, but this was next level.

"This... Is your house?"

(Y/N) asks in awe.

"Well, to move here we had to downsize, but at least we still have a pool. I planned on taking you guys there to swim, so follow me!"

As the trio followed Mary, many different thoughts flew through their head.

Downsize? The place is HUGE!

I never knew (Y/N)'s cousin was this rich.

If I somehow inherited this house, would (Y/N) look at me in awe?

Author's Note: I don't know the exact purpose of this chapter, but I'm sure it's mandatory.