Chapter 17

21st May, 2022

"1 month! How is everything going to happen in 1 month?" Sara questioned as they entered their home from meeting Erum's family. Knowing their mother's nature, the three siblings exchanged glances, slowly slipping away to their room that did not go unnoticed by Yusra.

Smiling, Yusra brought water to her in laws, sitting down at the single couch, meeting her eyes with her father-in-law, the same deep eyes that her husband had inherited, to see mischief in them.

"Zaim! Are you listening?" Yusra silently giggled hearing the angry voice, Zaim calming his wife. "I think 1 month is better than waiting for a year, right?" Zaim questioned making Sara to fall in deep thoughts while Yusra sat silently.

"And they said right, that they have prepared everything. Everything will happen with ease. You have Yusra with you to help you out." Zaim said and Sara glanced at Yusra who gave a small smile nodding her head.

"But-"

"YUSRA!"

Sara started but was cut off by Saim's voice that made Yusra jump in her place. She turned around to look at the stairs, before turning around to find her mother-in-law giving her a cheeky smile.

"It's-" Sara started but was again stopped by Saim's constant yelling. Yusra flushed in embarrassment and after getting the permission, she walked out while Sara giggled looking at Yusra ran away.

"He has taken just behind you," Sara said turning to Zaim who smirked at her, pulling onto his collar making Sara to roll her eyes at him, "How about we do two reception together? Saad and Erum, and Saim and Yusra?" Sara suggested and the smirk on Zaim's face fell. He sat straight, looking at the stairs before turning to Sara, who looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"I think we should talk to Saim about it," Zaim spoke unsure of how to convince his wife but when he saw her nodding her head, he heaved thinking about having a talk with his son.

Yusra walked inside their room to only furrow her eyebrows at the silence. She looked around for Saim but didn't find him when she heard him call out to her once again. She walked out, following the voice to find the siblings, in Saad's room. Saad sat on the bed, with Saim laying besides him engrossed in his phone while Zara sat on the couch, Indian style.

"Here, I called her." Saim said and letting the phone fall on his chest, tugging his hands under his head, gazing at Yusra who gave them questionable look.

"Saad bhai wanted to ask you something." Zara sat patting the place next to her. Yusra walked towards Zara, raising her brows at Saad before sitting down. She looked at Zara, asking her the matter to only have her shrug. She waited for someone to speak but when none uttered a word, Saim sat up straight gaining her attention.

"My dear brother wanted to ask," Saim sang teasing Saad while Yusra looked at Saad, who pushed Saim away making Zara to laugh and Yusra to smile at his childish behaviour. "How did you find Erum?" Saad asked and Zara cooed at her brother making Yusra to grin widely.

"She is a great girl," Yusra said remembering Erum's face. When the first time she had met Erum she had thought the girl to be shy but today when they had met her again she had surprised her by making jokes. Zara and Yusra did exchange a surprised look, both thinking about the opposite personalities that were going to end up together.

"Bingo!" Saim said and Yusra looked at him confused while Saad shook his head smiling. Zara laughed loudly earning a questionable look and once she had stopped laughing she explained the reason.

"When we were calling you upstairs, Saim bhai had told us what your answer would be but Saad bhai didn't listen. And now when you just said what Saim bhai said, it just bosted his ego of how good he knows you." Zara explained making Yusra to glance at Saim who was smirking at Saad, while he tried pushing him away.