MH #01

✫ ✧ ˚

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

He feels like shit.

An utter shit. And he feels even worse because he's no longer hidden from everyone, dealing with his heartbreak on his own. Instead, he's been bombarded by his friends who practically forced their way in.

He knows he looks like shit too, noticing the way Jimin and Taehyung stare at him no matter how inconspicuously they try to look. For fuck sake, he even notices them eyeing each other like they're having a silent conversation. He knows they mean well and it was just a matter of time before they figured out Jungkook is indeed avoiding them at all cost. He should've known the text messages won't be enough at some point.

So when he had to admit the harsh truth, practically forced by their worried faces and pleading eyes. Not only he feels embarrassed because he looks like a pile of shit, he's embarrassed they get to see him like this. He has never felt like this before in his life. It's like his heart has been ripped out of his chest. He isn't in the mood to explain anything, nor having to deal with them. As much as he appreciates his older friends, knowing they only worry and care for him.

But his friends have the tendency to go over dead bodies. It's fair – he would do the same for them if he saw any of them in such a state he is currently in. Though he appreciates their worry, he would rather be alone like he's been for the past two weeks.

"Life goes on, Jungkook-ah." Taehyung says, slapping his hand on Jungkook's back which makes him grit his teeth. Yeah, this is one of the reasons why he wants to be left alone.

"I don't expect you to understand Taehyung," Jungkook mutters, visibly annoyed as he gives him a glance. "No offense."

"None taken." Taehyung chirps immediately, causing Jungkook to sigh as he rubs his temples rather frustratedly.

He knows he and Jimin share a look once again, causing him irritation to only rise and with an audible knock at his front door, he feels himself freezing for a second. Who would be knocking on his door at this time?

Jimin stands up after the sound, quickly and almost knowingly while he rushes to get the door. Jungkook frowns, staring at Taehyung who quickly looks away, almost looking guilty and then it all starts to click. For a moment, he tries to convince himself maybe they ordered a take-away or something but deep down he knows.

"Taehyung," he calls sternly, trying to catch his friend's gaze while Taehyung whistles trying to ignore him which makes Jungkook almost growl in annoyance. "What did you guys do?"

"What we had to do." Taehyung answers, features softening while he finally faces Jungkook's unpleasant glare. However, he only stands up to get a can of beer.

"This is bullshit." he snaps, watching his friend as he pushes the beer into his hands.

Alcohol doesn't really mend his broken heart. He knows what he's talking about but he doesn't refuse Taehyung's persistence and lets the beer sit in his grasp.