CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN✔️

dedicated to Wattpad because I wouldn't be here without them

TWENTY-SEVEN | BETTER THAN REVENGE

Arabella was completely devoured in the kiss and for a split second she forgot everything. She forgot that this was the man who had shattered her heart until all that remained was dust. She forgot that this man had repeatedly insulted. She forgot this man was in love with another woman. However, a split second doesn't last forever, and after briefly kissing Damon Salvatore, she pulled away, breathless (which is entirely impossible because she's a vampire, but Damon's kisses seemed to make her feel that way).

"I, uh," stammered Arabella, blinking rapidly.

Damon didn't say anything and only stared at Arabella.

"Uh," muttered Arabella, running a hand through her hair. "Well, aren't you going to say something?"

"You're a great kisser," blurted Damon. Arabella coughed and shifted awkwardly.

"We need to talk about this," stated Arabella.

"Yeah, we do," agreed Damon.

"You're in love with Elena," said Arabella.

"Woah, who said that?" asked Damon, eyeing Arabella.

"Oh please! Everyone can see it. The only people who don't know you two are in love are you two," answered Arabella, rolling her eyes and looking at her nails.

"I never said that I was in love with her," snapped Damon. This wounded Arabella more than she expected.

"Oh."

Damon looked at her, "Bella..."

"I get it. I mean, I'm the girl that screws up and gets pregnant, I'm the girl that practically gets disowned by her father because she sticks up for her brother and knows how to handle a sword. Of course you don't love me, or remotely like me, because I'm the girl that fucks everything—"

Arabella is cut off by a pair of surprisingly warm lips on her mouth. Arabella doesn't kiss back, she's only more confused than ever as she pushes away Damon.

"You need to stop that unless we're in a relationship or something," said Arabella, her eyebrows raised.

Damon sighs and looks down, "I-I really don't know. This is all new to me, I'm used to being the second guy, y'know? With Katherine and Elena."

"So then it leads to the ultimate question Damon: What are we?" Damon looks at Arabella and Arabella looks at him.

"I think this makes us like...a couple?"

"Yeah, I think so. I don't know, I was never into that whole 'dating' thing. Mostly mindless flings and lust," said Arabella, shrugging.

Damon laughed. "You have no idea how much I relate to that."

"Oh, I think I do."

Damon chuckled and stood up and helping Arabella up.

"Damon?" Damon hummed in response, nearing Arabella's face.

"Let's uh, let's keep this a secret for awhile, because once everyone starts to know then there's all of this drama and—" Arabella's ramblings were cut off by Damon's lips. Arabella smiles into his lips and kisses back. She is completely overwhelmed by a new sense of fire. Damon's kisses consumed her and were completely addictive. His kisses were the drug and she was the helpless buyer, wanting and craving his kiss everyday.