chapter 62

I wake up, feeling relief to see Ryujin still asleep next to me. I stare at her face because I just want to admire her facial features. I chuckle because it's so cute that she's frowning while sleeping.

I lean forward to kiss the tip of her nose and she suddenly wakes up.

"Are you okay?" She ask. Why is she like this? I disturb her sleep and the first thing she ask is if I'm okay.

"I'm okay. I'm sorry for waking you up. You looked really cute and I couldn't help myself" I say.

"It's okay" she sits up and stretches her arm, "How did you sleep?"

"Better this time. It was even better waking up and you're actually next to me" I chuckle.

"I'm sorry. I really had to pee yesterday" she says and I can tell she really feels bad about it.

"I'm messing with you. It's okay. Its not your fault that my nightmare makes me scared of losing you" I say.

We hear Eva wake up and she gets up before I can say anything. She picks up Eva and take her to bed with us. I honestly love seeing them together.

Eva is still quite sleepy so she's laying down on Ryujin's chest, yawning.

"How are you natural with kids?" I ask.

"Maybe because of Gabe?" She says unsure.

"Are you really okay with Eva? And my new baby?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" She ask instead.

"Because it's a lot to take on. I mean one kid is hard enough and now you have to accept two kids just to be with me" I say without looking at her.

"Why do you make it sound like it's such a bad thing for me? Meeting Eva has been an amazing experience. She's already so sweet, kind, funny and I know she will grow up to be an amazing woman because she has you for a mother and your unborn baby will be the same" she says.

For some reason, I didn't like that answer. Before, I feel like her answer would have been like 'I will love them as my own' but this time it's not. Is she having second thoughts about us? Does she not feel the same about me anymore?

"Do you still want to be with me in the future?" I ask in a whisper like because I'm afraid she will say no.

"I do. What makes you ask that question?" She whispers back because Eva fell asleep on her.

"Because your answer about the kids thing feels like your feelings for me have changed" I embarrassingly say.

She chuckles and I look at her with a frown. Is she making fun of me right now?

"What?"I glare at her.

"You're amazing. Noticing things like that" she's still not explaining herself.

"So it's true? Your feelings did change?" I look down.

"Yes" she says and I get ready to leave the bed because it hurts to hear that.

"I love you more now than I did before" she says making me stop and look back at her while she's smiling, looking at Eva still on her chest.

"What?" I ask, confuse.

"I didn't want to cross boundaries talking about your kids and make you feel uncomfortable. I know in the past I've been open about caring for them like they're my own but I realized I didn't want to scare you away by saying stuff like that" she explains.

"I'll say it again, I want to grow old with you, Yeji. I want you, Eva and the baby growing in your belly to be my family. I want to take care of all you, protect you and provide for you. I want those family game nights, dinner together, going on vacations together. I want all of those with you" She continues.