Scorpio

November 3rd 1977

Rose was seated next to Odette and Stephone at breakfast when Sirius tossed the bouquet of flowers at her, a few spilled out across the table, but the rest lay limply within the bouquet itself, it had bounced off of Rose's chest and onto the floor below.

"You're a florist now?" Stephone asked with a laugh, Rose sat smirking to herself.

"A bad one it seems" Odette whispered, placing a berry in her mouth.

"I see you took my advice. How was your time with Snivellus?" Sirius asked, his hair was put up into a rather high ponytail, curls had already begun to fall out, framing his angular face. It's usual heart-stopping smile replaced with a frown.

"It was just a simple transaction." She said, taking in a small breath before speaking once more.

"Happy birthday." She hummed, smiling up at him, his eyes hardened at the words.

Rose picked up a single lily that had fallen onto the table in front of her, handing it to him, false smile still playing on her features.

He glared down at her, the tips of his ears reddening as he pushed her hands away, the lily falling to the floor.

"Come with me." He practically commanded, Rose sent a reassuring glance to her friends as she stood, following behind him as he led the way out of the Great Hall, finally stopping in some empty hallway.

"What is your problem?" He asked, visibly seething.

"You have to ask? You can't infer that it's you?" Rose responded with just as much agitation.

"I'm the problem? I'm sorry, aren't you the one who's been shagging Regulus behind everyone's backs?"

"I've not been! And even if I had it shouldn't matter to you. You get to galavant off with whoever you want you can't expect that I won't do the same!" She exclaimed, anger finally reaching high enough to raise her voice.

"He's my freind and he's been my friend since first year." She said, breathing out anxiously before continuing

"Sirius, I know what it's like to feel like you've abandoned your sibling, and I know what it's like to be abandoned. I could be there for both of you if you'd just let me."

"I don't want you there for me."

"Sirius, please." Rose practically choked out.

"What happened to all the smiling and joking? Hm?" He asked, bending down to look more directly at her face, tugging at her Slytherin tie a bit as he looked at her.

"Go back to your Death Eater friends, you snake." He whispered, placing the tie back neatly before turning around and making his way to the Great Hall.

Rose refused to follow behind him and make her way back to breakfast so instead she went ahead to her first class of the day. Going through her classes on a sort of emotional autopilot until she made it to Care of Magical Creatures.

But, Regulus wasn't there, she figured he might be off on some Death Eater mission, but hoped he'd just decided not to come.

She wanted to go back to the greenhouses after that, do her homework on the floor with incense smoke wafting through her hair, and old trees far in the distance, but instead she made her way to her dorm.

She was greeted there by the worried faces of two of her roommates and one Lily Evans.

"James wanted to come, but you know it's Sirius' birthday so...." Lily trailed off, Rose sighed before dropping her bag and flopping down on her bed next to her sister, her friends sitting across from them hand in hand, looking on with empathy.

"He called me a snake, Lily." Rose said, half muffled by her face in her pillow.

"I'm sorry." Lily said softly, rubbing Rose's back.

"Maybe Sirius and Regulus just have similar taste. I know Dette and Dorcas do for sure." Stephone said, sitting her head on Odette's shoulder, making an attempt at lightening the mood.

Rose whined in response, Lily awkwardly patted her back.

"I saw what happened this morning, I think you should say out of their mess for a little while."Lily stated.

Rose knew this put Lily is a weird spot, James was officially her big sister's boyfriend now, and the two spent a lot of time together, and a lot of time with Sirius.

"They're my friends." Rose said pitifully.

"I know, but you can still hangout with James and me." Lily suggested.

"And! You can go with us to Hogsmeade this weekend" Odette chirped, arm around her significant other.

Rose simply groaned at the suggestions, burying herself deeper into her pillows.

Within the time Lily was there Rose cycled between writing in her journal and studying, Odette had been tending to the plants in the dorm room for her the past few days so there was no need for Rose to really do much else.

It had begun raining out by this time, the rhythmic splashes of raindrops on Black Lake rang though the dimly lit room.

Lily had always found the Slytherin dorms rather dreary.

"Hey, Rosie?" She asked, bringing the other girl's attention from a textbook she was doodling in.

"Yeah?"

"Wanna go get some snacks from the kitchens?" Lily asked, Rose perked up a bit, nodding eagerly.

"You girls want anything?" Lily asked Ode and Steph, standing and stretching a tad.

"Yeah, thanks." Stephone said, Odette spoke up too.

"We're fine with anything you bring." She explained, a sweet smile on her face and a book in her hand.

Odette liked to read to Stephone at night sometimes, she'd use hushed tones to keep from bothering the others in the dorm too much, but Rose found it endearing.

It was odd sneaking through Hogwarts with Lily, but not unenjoyable. She knew exactly how to avoid prefects as well as how to get to the kitchens quick and easily.

But, once they arrived they found they were not alone.

"Hi, Lils." Mary said, flour covered her hands and Peter stood next to her looking at Rose like he'd seen a ghost.

"Whatcha doing?" Lily asked while grabbing for some chocolates.

"Baking." Mary answered shortly.

"Well that I can see." Lily continued.

"Baking a cake." Peter added.

"For Sirius?" Rose asked, finally speaking up.

Mary sighed before answering penitently.

"Yeah."

"....could I help?" Rose asked, her voice small.

"I don't think Siriu—" Peter began, Mary swiftly cut him off.

"Of course you can." Mary said, wearing a smile.

"No. I actually think we should be going, Rose." Lily said, she hadn't felt good about the entire interaction, despite knowing Mary meant well.

"I don't want you working on a cake for someone who called you a snake." Lily said, Peter visibly cringed at the word.

"Shite." He whispered, Lily nodded before exiting the kitchens with Rose in tow.