Chapter 8: When A Flower Blooms Tall To The Yearning Sun

Author's Note: Hey y'all welcome to the longest chapter I have ever written for this fanfic. I wanted to make up for being absent and you guys have an extra long chapter to enjoy. I definitely found this chapter to be really emotional and I will say the end is coming soon! They're going to meet again soon... in about 2-3 chapters. This chapter focuses on Soo Ho's perspective and story line a bit more but I decided to write something a little more fun for this chapter. You'll see once you read it. Alright guys! Enjoy! This chapter is around 15,500 words or so, so I will mostly likely cut things down back to the original average length lol. I enjoyed all of your comments from the last chapter and yeah I will say that I kinda projected on Yeong Ro in the last chapter and that's why she was a bit out of character, but she's back to her normal grieving emotional self in this one.

In the face of adversity, a flower must bloom tall in order for everyone to see the beauty, the grace, and the perseverance of the flower. There are many who may try to shame the flower for its color, its petals, or even what it represents, but that's all up to interpretation. A snowdrop, along with every other flower knows its own bloom, the petals it forms, and the color it chooses to be. Sometimes, a flower must bloom tall in order to prove that its story is real and its growth is real. Encouraged by her love for Soo Ho, Yeong Ro does exactly that.

Back at the university, things were starting to get a little more exciting and hectic since things were starting to come back to normal. Yeong Ro came back with Kang Moo and Hanna, but she didn't mention where she went exactly to her friends. Hye Ryeong was gathering her things in her room in order to wash up when she noticed a pile of papers on the table. Stepping closer, Hye Ryeong examined the papers and found that they were lyrics accompanied by music sheets for the melody.

"Huh, did Yeong Ro write this?" Hye Ryeong recognized her writing and read the lyrics. In retrospect, she probably shouldn't have read this because this is something personal of Yeong Ro's, but to be fair, she did leave this out in the open, "she wrote a song? Friend..." Hye Ryeong read the music sheets and the name of the song. Then, she sang the melody out loud in an operatic tone. Hye Ryeong glanced over the lyrics and then she realized who this song was for. Her eyes softened and Hye Ryeong put the papers back on the table and smiled knowingly.

"The melody is actually pretty nice," Hye Ryeong hummed the melody to herself before leaving the room to join the others.

Kang Moo, Hanna, and Ms. Pi were called for a meeting at the JBC news station to discuss the public opinion of the Hosu Women's University and the whole hostage situation. To be frank, people were still very confused by what the heck was going on during the hostage situation that warranted the use of a tank in order to take out "seven" spies. The trio had already cleared up the fact that it was three and not seven since the other 4 were already captured or killed. However, it did require a little bit more pushback in order to convince the network executives that the previous government ended up holding everyone in the dorm hostage, including the spies. Everyone was convinced that the ANSP did try to save the students in the dorm and they managed to get out the remaining students. It was an underhanded use of propaganda because it was Hanna who had saved them, and she was still technically an ANSP agent, a rogue one, but an ANSP agent nonetheless. Even though Hanna cleared that up and they all tried to convince the network executives that they were acting of their own volition for the people inside the dorm regardless of affiliation, they wouldn't have it.

"Then what in the world do you want us to say?! We already explained to you what happened, why in the world do you want to frame it as if the ANSP are the heroes when the new Democratic power already won?" Hanna looked tiredly at all the network executives with a tinge of annoyance. Kang Moo sighed into his clenched hands and lifted his head up to talk to them.