386-390

Chapter 386 – The truth hurts too much. (2)

"Ahem. Nobody said a mighty general can't also be scholarly," added Gu Shishi softly.

"Some people are just multi-talented."

Huo Sishen had just picked up the bottled water and his slender fingers almost crushed the bottle.

Was she complimenting him through the painting?

It was the elderlies who avoided him the most back then.

And, all of the grandchildren had no choice but to listen to their elderlies and kept their distances, or was afraid of him.

He never thought that the day would come when he was complimented by a group of elderlies.

Without the rumor, he, too, could be praised by the elderlies.

Something stirred within him.

His black eyes flickered a little and he could see the girl's face that was delicate and slightly pink.

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocus

It was getting close to winter and leaves were flying in the air.

Inside the car, however, it was warm like summertime still.

***

They waited for another 1.5 hours and Gu Shishi even needed to go to the bathroom half way through. Huo Sishen went with her to look for a bathroom at a shopping mall nearby.

He even bought a sandwich and coffee, worrying that she might be hungry while they waited.

Gu Shishi had finished eating and drinking and even all of the manga that she had brought with her before the debate from Siyi's end was finally over.

Ever since President Huang Chuan had arrived, they had opined on each piece of work and voted anonymously.

This group of old naughty children would fight so adamantly when they did not see eye to eye on things.

It took Huang Chuan a lot of work before they got to the voting portion of the event.

Finally, Gu Shishi took first place with just two extra votes.

"We will be nice to the newcomer."

How to Restore Vision Without SurgeryiFocusGet Dog Food Designed for Your Dog's Health & HappinessBark BoxStop Paying Too Much for Your Prescriptions - Compare Prices, Find Free Coupons,GoodRX

"It's something fresh. I am getting bored of all styles of all the regulars already."

"The newbie has some good ideas and had enlightened me a lot. Some of her skill could still use some work on and the caption was not original, but it is still pretty good overall."

"Mmm. I've hedged my bet against President Huang Chuan anyway so I have no problem voting for the newbie."

The group was stubborn till the very end.

None of them would admit that any of the other members were better than them.

At least, they could just lose to the newbie by a little and they would be able to beat her next time around.