Welcome Back Sir- XXII

The first thing your father saw was Camilo who was apologizing furiously and you who was trying to calm him down. Eventually he saw tall man loom above the two of you and before he could say sorry to seeing his daughter change you had pulled him to the door. Thankfully the rain had stopped.

"I was really stupid y/n I'm sorry.." The male hung his head in shame. You only pinched the bridge of your nose.

"It's, it's, it's, okay, Camilo, it was, it was an accident." Even so he can't seem to look you in the eyes. You only sigh, patting his head and pressing a small kiss to his cheek. Camilo turns to you, mouth going slack before he puts a hand up to your face.

"No! I don't deserve it!" His fingers quiver in resolve.

"goodnight, goodnight then, Mi Cielo." you can't stop at fondness in your tone, however even at that Camilo shakes his head adamantly.

"I don't deserve being called that either!"

"Camilo." You cup his face in your hands while he pouts. "It's, it's okay, so just, just say goodnight please."

"Goodnight Mi amor..." He grumbles lightly. A smile froms on his face before he pulls away, waving before trudging home.

"What a weird fellow that madrigal." Your father greeted you, ruffling your hair. His eye bags seemed to have grown.

"Papa, have you, have you been sleep, sleeping?"

He laughs at your worried tone and sits you down. The man takes a book from the table, and you remember it to be a story he often read to you when you were a kid. Despite the times when your parents had acted cold (which you still didn't understand) they had moments like this as well.

"Worry about yourself Chiquita. Say, you're not too old for a bedtime story are you?"

It was a peaceful night. Your father's voice had lulled you to sleep. Except a certain person decided to pay a visit.

"Ah, it's been awhile hasn't it?" You turn, frantically looking around in a hurry. A boy suddenly pops up in your line of sight, the hairs on your neck stood up.

"you, you-!"

"Yes hello, it's always nice to be greeted with hospitality." He's mocking you, arms wide open as if expecting a hug. You wrinkle your nose in distaste.

The boy comically watches your reaction. He attempts to reach towards you but you pull away. He sighs.

"Look I need you to stop telling people about me." Your brows furrow.

"Why?"

"I'll be killed." There isn't even a tremble in his voice at the mention of his potential demise. Instead his gaze hardens. He's not lying... You realise.

"Why...?" You almost hate how innocent you sound. He only laughs bitterly.

"It's a long story." He sits and pats the space next to him. "Can you even manage staying up?"

You nod absentmindedly. The boy takes one looks at you and grumbles to himself. For a moment his eyes flash a bright red. His brows knit and he spoke in a 'you should know this by now' tone.

"When you sleep, your conscience is not active." He explained. "Now that you're here, it is active. Your body may feel rested but your mind will be tired as hell."

You blink. So that's why you were always so drained.

"It doesn't matter, explain."

"God you're impatient. I'm not supposed to be alive." That confused you further. "I helped you escape. Ring a bell?"

"Escape what? And hey, why were you disappearing the first time I saw you? You looked so panicked."

"Seriously? You woke up you idiot."

"Hey!" You try to hit him but he ducks out of the way. For a person who you relayed messages for he sure does not look thankful.

"and you can't remember? Do you have Alzheimer's or something?"

"I thought i was the one who was supposed to ask questions!"

The boy ignores you and continues on. "If your memories are erased it means he... He really did do it."

There's cruel amusement in his voice and it scares you. Oh how wrong first Impressions could be. A small, desperate boy turning into one who couldn't help but degrade you.

"I still don't know what youre talking about."

"It's better if you don't. Haven't you heard the phrase, ignorance is bliss?"

You puff your cheeks. Deep down you really, really want to smack him. Hard. And painful too.

"Ugh! You're impossible!" The boy smiles, nodding.

"Thank you. Now I've gotta get going." He gets up, brushing off his cream white shirt and adjusting his vest.

"Wait, wait! You haven't-" your sputter in some sort of attempt to get the boy to stay. "I know something you don't!"

That seemed to pique his interest. He thinks for a moment.

"Tell me next time."

"WHAT?!"

Like the two other times before you had woken up in cold sweat. The dream had lasted longer than your previous ones and that ahd started to take its toll on you. A massive headache greeted you as your eyes tried to adjust to the bright light.

You were torn between sleeping or telling Camilo and Mirabel about your findings. Which felt more important than rest really. So you bottomed up, got dressed, said goodbye to your parents who wore another tired expression, sluggishly making your way to Casita.

By the time you made it your head was pounding. It was so bad that black spots seemed to dance before your eyes. Nausea hit you, forcing you to take refuge near the entrance, the tiles clacking in worry.

"Ah, Casita..." you drawled. "Maybe... Maybe call someone..?"

The sounds get increasingly louder and you chid yourself to stand up, wobbling slightly. This was a bad idea... I always make bad ideas when I'm sleepy... You grit your teeth, barely able to register in your surroundings, instead leaning on the wall to guide you.

Thankfully you noticed the floor would drag you across, the stairs tilting lightly to make it easier to get up. You had knocked on what looked to be Mirabel's door before collapsing completely.