two

Alright, so, it has gotten to the point where I can barely breath and I may or may not have been unconscious more than once but... I've had worse... I think.

"Rafael, just fucking breath, alright?"

Tristan's words seem harsh and unapologetic but the look in his eyes tells me he's just as helpless as I am and I try to do as he says, for his sake only but all that leaves my mouth is a pained grunt.

"Can you drive faster, asshole?"

Tristans words anger the pack member that has been sent to drive us but one look at me makes him sigh and actually speed up a little.

A few minutes pass, where all I can think is of how badly this shit hurts and how much I don't want to go back there.

Crossing the pack orders was something I never planned on doing again.

The car comes to a sudden halt, making me grunt.

"Alright, alright, come on Rafael."

Tristan takes me out of the car, by now I'm a panting mess and almost fall forward but he holds me still and starts walking towards a building, I'm familiar with.

"Tristan, Rafael, in here," a sweet voice calls out and I look up, seeing Mrs. Walsh giving me a small, but genuine, smile, one I can't return because I honestly feel like my whole abdomen is on fire.

"So we meet again," she states, once I lie on the bed in the small hospital room and I take her hand in mine to squeeze it briefly.

"They got you good," she mumbles while examining my wound making Tristan scowl at her.

"And who's fault is that?"

She gives him a look, one that shuts him up and once she talks walking to her cabinet I can only hope for something that does something to ease my pain.

"Fuck, I think I'm gonna pass out," I grit my teeth, black dots appearing before my eyes but that's when Tristan steps forward and... slaps me. Hard.

"You fucking-" I stop myself before actually insulting him and he gives me a small, weak smirk, taking my hand in his to squeeze.

"Alright, so this is gonna hurt... a lot. It's gonna burn all the toxins away but after that, the pain will go away."

I just look at her, my eyes wide because I already went through this shit once and honestly never wanted to experience it again.

"Shit, alright, I'm scared," I mumble, gritting my teeth and squeezing Tristan's hand a little more.

"I know and I'm sorry. Here." She hands me a cloth and I groan, anxiety making its way in my body but I take it nevertheless.

Once I put it in my mouth I nod and close my eyes.

The pain I start feeling seconds after that is one I never want to experience again.

*

"He should wake up soon," I hear a quiet voice telling someone and try to peel my eyes open, blinking as a bright light blinds me.

"There," the voice says again and this time I know it's Mrs. Walsh, she turns to talk to Tristan "I'll give you two some time alone. Remember, Alpha and Luna want to talk to you later."

I thought my heart was just gonna stop beating at her words but instead, it starts beating three
times faster.

So Alpha and Luna, huh? What about the Beta?

"You gave me quite the scare," Tristan mumbles, and once my eyes adjusted to the lights I see him sitting next to my bed, looking tired.

"I hate being here," I mumble and he follows my gaze, to look out the window where you can see the forest and all the houses with the... pack people.