The Daily Prophet

[Harry]   

"Hey mate? You'll be fine going back on your own?" Ron asked, the edge of his tone betraying his relaxed expression.

"Yeah. I'm all good." Harry smiled reassuringly, but in reality, he was completely freaked out by the idea of going back to Hogwarts alone.

    Ron had decided to run the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes with his brother George. Ginny had left Hogwarts to join professional quidditch training. Even without finishing her seventh year, Hermione had a total grade higher than most of the people who finished their whole curriculum, so she wasn't coming either.
That was a lot of information to take in after a simple dinner reunion at the Weasley's house.

"Hey" Ginny's voice pulled him back to reality. "You seem a bit off recently. Is everything okay?"

"Yup. I'm alright. Just recovering from the fact that tons of people died for me." Harry said with a bitter smile. "Also trying to figure out why Malfoy did that."

Ginny seemed to know exactly what he was talking about, since she had been watching him the whole time that day.
"By did that, do you mean throwing his wand at you so he could be forgiven by the Ministry after the war ended?"

"Yeah, that's what I thought too at the beginning, but can't you see that he might just have saved us all? I mean you were all standing too far away, and if I had that wand a second later, I probably wouldn't be standing here right now."

"Harry, you're too kind. He bullied you for six years, you have the right to stop making excuse for him. All of his actions are planned, and same for his cunning strategies. He wouldn't do anything if it didn't benefit him in some ways."

    "I know but why though? He would have had glory once Voldemort killed me. He would have been rewarded."

"Please, Harry, we all know how Voldemort rewards people! Nothing's better than a good Crucio spell." Ginny mocked.

"Yeah. Maybe you're right."

    It was likely she was, but Harry wanted to believe that Draco wasn't doing it all just for his own good. Deep in his heart, he hoped that the blond boy cared about him. That he did this by choice.

    "Harry, just because we fell out of love doesn't mean you don't have me as a friend. I'm here if you ever need me."

    Harry was laughing silently in his mind. Ginny wouldn't be there for him, she would be at her Quidditch training.

    "Thanks," he mumbled.

    "No problem. Good night."

    "Good night." Harry said, before walking up to Ron's room.

    After hours of tossing and turning in his bed, Harry finally fell into a dreamless sleep. When he awoke, the sun was already high in the sky, making the whole house feel a few degrees warmer.

"Hey sleepyhead." George said when Harry finally appeared in the living room at midday. "Eat something, then we can go get your books for the new semester. Ron and I will show you around the shop if you want." he said with a smirk, "You don't want to miss any occasion to prank Malfoy."

And there he was, back in his mind again. Malfoy. Nowadays everything was about him.

Harry ate an omelette, before Mrs. Weasley threw some Floo powder into the fireplace. Ron went first, followed by George, Ginny and Hermione. Then it was Harry's turn.

Soon, they were all at Diagon Alley.

The streets were full of students, and the excitement to shop for new supplies was visible on every stranger's face.

Just as Harry stepped in Flourish& Blotts, a reporter blocked his way.

"Mr. Potter, is it true you will be going back to Hogwarts this year?"

Before Harry could say anything, a camera flashed at his face.

"Harry, let's go." Hermione tugged his sleeve, and he followed her to pick out his textbooks.

[Draco]

Unable to fall asleep because of another nightmare, Draco went downstairs to grab The Daily Prophet. He ran through the pages with his eyes, until something caught his attention.

Yesterday, famous Harry Potter was spotted at Flourish& Blotts. The above mentioned was seen buying textbooks. Reporters suspect that he will return to Hogwarts for the new eighth year program. However, the boy who lived did not confirm whether or not he is going back.

"Famous Harry Potter, can't even go to a bookstore without making the front page." Draco said to himself as a smirked settled on his face. He found those words quite familiar. When they were in second year, Draco had said that to Harry at the exact same place.

Gradually, it occurred to Draco that finishing his last year was indeed a good idea. Of course, he blamed it on his mother for insisting more than needed, and not a certain scar-head who coincidentally might just be going back to the same school. When his mother asked for the newspaper, he even let a discourteous comment slip from his mouth. People can go very far to pretend they are someone who they aren't. Lucky for him, Draco had had years of practice.