Chapter 4 Part 3: The Intruder

3rd POV

  The last time we left off, our trio went back into the house to drive out the Snaggleback and rescue Eda.

  They were now heading up the stairs, with (Y/n) and Luz holding hockey sticks for protection. The stairs creak with each step our heroes took till they reach the hallway that lead them to Eda's room.

  (Y/n) took slow steps as she reached for the doorknob, but when she opened it, Eda was already gone.

  "Oh no, it got Eda!" (Y/n) gasps as she walks up to the nest.

  Luz picks up a pillow with a claw like tear, "slash marks!"

  "King! You're the demon expert, we need your help," (Y/n) says as King salutes her.

  "I'll go get my demon book," King rushed out of the room to retrieve the needed item.

  After a short period of time, King held two books of demons, but was shocked to see that the two girls had gone missing.

  "The Snaggleback got them," King then heard something run past him, going further into the house. "You craving beast," King growls as he gave chase at the unknown demon. "Give me back my booboo buddies!"

  King skids to a stop as a white shoe and a familiar blue duck bandaid sat on the floor.

  King sadly picks up the two items, "Luz... (Y/n)..." King looks and glares up at the door infront of him where the Snaggleback had fled into. How dare it trespassed into his territory, and consumed his guardian and his friends! He oughta give this demon a piece of his mind!

  King threw the door open as he entered the room, as gazed around before spotting a shadow crouching behind a rack of clothes.

  King raises Luz's shoe as he grabs onto the curtain of clothes. "There's nowhere for you to run," King threw the clothes out of the way, ready to unleash the wrath of the demon king onto the cretin, but stopped when he saw a small monkey like demon with a spiked turtle shell adorned on his back. "Snaggleback? Wow, you are alot smaller in person."

  The small Snaggleback raises his paws infront of him as he stutters, "I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I just needed somewhere to hide from the rain."

  "Why did you break down the door and take my friends? That's not cool man," King deadpans the small demon. "Bad Snaggleback, bad!"

  "I didn't do any of that stuff! I snuck through a window just now," the Snaggleback says as he points at a ajar window infront of the closet room.

  King furrowed his eyes as confusion washed over him, "then wh-"

  King was interrupted when the ceiling above them broke, the last thing King saw was a clawed hand grabbing the Snaggleback and pulling him up into the hole.

  "Oh no! A twist!" The Snaggleback yells.

  King took a step backwards as he heard whatever it was crawls out of the hole and now was staring down at King with a guttural hiss after barfing up the Snaggleback's shell that laid empty and lifeless at its feet.

  "Oh my," King says as he backed himself into a corner of the room as the creature stalked towards him. "I am the king of demons, ok? And such, I demand you to barf my friends back up!

  The creature roars before raising its clawed hand and swipes at King, who luckily dogged the attack and ran out the door.

  King could hear the large demon running after him as it continuously hit the walls as it leaps at him.

  King yelps as he felt something grabs arm and yanks him into a room.

  King felt a familiar warmth wrapped around him as he heard the thumps of the demon drifting further away. King looks up to be met with (E/c) and hazel eyes. "(Y/n)? Luz!"