Chapter-6

Aurin's p.o.v

Life was never been so complicated for me. I was a happy girl with a lot of little wishes. I used to dream of having a happy family with a caring & loving husband. I used to dream of a person who will understand my feelings just by looking at my eyes. I have a lot of expectations from my husband. But..............

You know what? Sometimes we create our heartbreaks through expectations. We shouldn't blame other people for disappointing us, we should blame ourselves for expecting too much from them.

After getting married to that emotionless log I understood that those lovey-dovey stories I used to read on Wattpad are all fake. The romantic poems I used to read in my college days were nothing but someone's made up sugary lines. Reality is hard. Very very hard.

I got married to a billionaire and I don't have a lack of wealth. A lot of women would dream to be in my place just looking at my outer self. But, they don't know how unhappy I am from inside. They don't know that it's almost 4 days of my marriage and I haven't even shared a normal conversation with my husband. How can I? That man just sees me as a piece of meat to quench his desires nothing else! And, my family has rejected me already.

I was thinking about all this and editing my CV. After completing the editing process I started sending emails to multiple companies for jobs. I just can't sit in this house and tolerate that robot.

When I was in my house I used to do a lot of household chores but after coming here I am just eating, sleeping and pleasuring my husband. I am getting bored in this house. Only a job will keep me busy, I will be self-dependent too and maybe someday I will leave that man on my own.

" What's up bhabhi? How are you feeling now?" I heard Ziya's sudden voice and got startled.

She sat in front of me on the bed and I replied smiling," I am good now."

" What were you doing? You should take a rest. The doctor told you to take a rest," She said and I can feel the concern in her voice.

I like this girl a lot. In this whole house, I think she is the only person who cares about my well being and my feelings.

I answered assuring her," I am fine now. Don't worry. I was just applying for jobs."

" Jobs? You want to work outside?" She asked so surprisingly like it was something unusual.

With creased brows, I asked her," Why are you so surprised?"

" Because the women of our house don't work outside," My mother in law answered from nowhere and both of us was startled by her sudden voice.

I looked at the door and found my mother in law standing there with the same hard face as my husband. Whenever she looks at me I feel like she will eat me alive anytime soon.

Coming towards me, she repeated what she said a few moments ago," The women of our house don't work outside when the men are capable enough to bear our expenses. We don't like to flaunt ourselves in front of random men."

" But, Ammi. I got bored in the house. I just can't stay in the house like an useless............." I couldn't finish my sentence due to her interruption.

She almost shouted at me," You are not a man that you will go outside in search of entertainment just because you are bored in the house. Have a kid soon. The baby will keep you busy."

Hearing her suggestion I was dumbfounded completely. Is she serious? A kid from this loveless marriage! Did she think about that kid's future before suggesting me this! Did she think about her irresponsible son before suggesting I should have a child? When our society or we can say people like her will understand that a kid isn't a solution to every problem in marriage.