part 10: alex past

~third person pov ~

[pls read the previous chapter's last para before starting this one. also there is a main palace where the king and queen would live, there is a different palace for the king to take audiences and work, there will be a different palace where the two princes live, they will be given their own palace when they are 7]

little alex was walking in the park when he heard a loud shattering from somewhere near his brother's bed room, he ran towards where the noise came from he found the window in his baby brother's  room shattered while a man clad in black with a knife held to a maids neck while the other maids cover in fear looking at the scene in front of them. he saw the maid's throat being slit with the blade in the man's hand with her blood spilling before his eyes he watched as her lifeless body fell to the ground with a thud.

he knew he needed to go get help, but his little four year old body would not move. once he mustered up enough courage to move and get help he quietly but as quickly as he could rushed to find a guard or someone, anyone that could help, luckily he was not noticed by the assassin. he ran into the halls to find it deserted, he took a quick turn to head towards the garden remembering seeing a few guards stationed there. he ran into the garden to be met with lifeless bodies lying limp on the ground, with blood splattered on the walls and floor. 

it looked like they were alerted and came but were killed and the assassin from before had partners somewhere. alex went into philips room to see a single guard trying to fend off the assassin in the room. alex took the opportunity of the assassin being distracted and ran out the door with philip tow, while wishing for the victory of the guard. he still kept his guard up knowing that there were more assassins to come. just as they were to reached the exit of the palace to get to their father where he knew they would be safe, an assassin cornered them.

philip being a very young child of age three still understanding the situation started to cry in fear as the man brought his sword painted in blood to slash and kill of the children, just as the blade was to come in contact with alex's neck there was a sudden gust of wind redirecting the black, angering the assassin. the children's eyes widened and the same thought went through their head 'mother's magic' they looked to their right to see their mother running towards them. "WHERE ARE YOUR ACOMPLICES? AND WHO SENT YOU!" her voice boomed through the air as she charged toward the man. "are both of you ok? i sent a signal to your father through our manna link, he should be arriving with back up soon. both of you run as fast and fast as you can right now."

 as soon as she said that the two scurried of on their little feet with the fastest speed they could manage. just as they were about to exit the palace they saw their father heading there with a small army of men trailing not to far behind, they heard an ear piercing scream they turned to find a sword going right through the place their mother's heart should be "NERA!" their father shouted rushing with the soldiers in tow, charging at the group of assassins. they were carried away by a few guards while they were in a state of shock. the guards took care of the assassins while edward tried to take his wife to safety and be treated.

they were seated in the main palace in their father's bed room still in a state of shock. their father came into the room and brought the two boys into his embrace. you could clearly say he had been crying by the tear tracks on his cheeks and red eyes. his eyes a void of any emotion, he looked like he went through hell and back. while hugging his children he kept mumbling a continuous string of apologies. they had been informed of their mother's passing.

a few years passed by and alex had started to stop talking to other people. but he and his father started to get closer as well as phlip. alex had not let any of the maids come near him making himself quiet self dependent. he spent all his day cooped up in the library harnessing his magic to take his mind of the traumatic events. his day consisted of only three things eating with his father and brother or going to the library or sleeping in his bedroom. which was clearly unhealthy. he soon developed a minor case of asothrax a disease in this world. it consists of a fever and a constant feeling of pain. it is like a feeling of being beaten to death but not being able to die.

he did not know of his disease and continued his life the way it was, taking care of himself the way he knew to do and no one noticed as he was quite good at hiding it, and no maids usually served him. when his father and brother found out they were terrified. after the doctor gave him the medicine he made sure to take them himself. after all a princes illness is considered a national secret, because other enemies were not to know of it so no maid was aware of his state, if they did they would have offered to help him. at the age of 9 he was fully cured but his body was still weak so him doing a lot of physical activities would cause him fevers.

~end of flash back, alex pov~

my eyes were wide as i stared at her. though her face looked calm and stoic i could see the worry shine through her sapphire eyes. i just nodded, once i gave her permission she brout the porrige up to her lips and blew on it to make it cool down and brought it towards my moth and waited for me to eat it. i accepted it. once i was done she assisted me our common room, no one had finished yet and she had made me finish at a fast yet comfortable pace knowing that my illness should not be known to others. she laid me down on the single bed which would be mine from now on and placed her cold hand over my forehead and i started to feel as if my illness was never there in the first place and as i started feeling sleepy. just before darkness consumed me a  "thank you scilla" escaped my lips and i fell asleep just after hearing a "no need alexander-sama"