Ch. 14

Backstory
°
°
Part 3: New Co-Worker
°♧°♧°♧°♧°♧°♧°♧°♧°♧°

°

°

°
°
°

Moondrop stepped out of his charging chamber with a tired sigh. His metal joints groaned as they were stretched.

"Ugh, time to raise hell." It was two hours before the daycare opened. He stepped out of his room and walked through the piles of pillows and blankets scattered on the floor.

Lately he'd been feeling off. He didn't feel like himself. He couldn't process data as fast as he normally was able to do. His limbs would randomly lock in place, and would get irritated very easily.

His codings and systems would randomly glitch, and this would make his body go limp. Numb would be the closest word he would use to describe it. It was like everything would go into a shade of red, his body would move on it's own when he got very overwhelmed.

He had no control over it. This would make him lash out at others. He didn't take it up with works and repairs. He feared of being scrapped. But it never got bad! Sure he got out of control, but no one was ever there to witness it. And the children were never harmed!

So if anyone was to ask about it, in his defense, he would say that they were safer. So there was no need to tell anyone. His head began to ache with pain. But he ignored it and kept on walking.

Once he stepped out of the nap time room, the lights sensors activated and blinded him with brightnes. Once his eyes got used to the bright ligths, he headed towards the doors and left the daycare.

Om his walk, he decided to go over to Roxy's race track to hang out with her. Unfortunately for him, he was stopped by a map bot on his way there.

He was told to head back to the daycare, which annoyed him since he just came from there. Reluctantly, he went all the way back.

"There better be a great reason why I'm here" Moondrop spoke with annoyance in his tone.

"Well, remember the day that you asked for a co-worker? Since the manager is so nice, and has seen you struggling to take care of the children on your own, he hired a co-worker to help you out!" Said Mark happily.

He moved aside to show a young woman behind him, moondrop observed her. He guessed she was probably in her early twenties or so, same age as Mark, maybe slightly younger.

Her hair was brown and tied up in a messy ponytail. She wore a yellow apron decorated with clouds, stars, rainbows, and the daycare logo on the middle. On the side of the apron, she had a small metal name tag.

"New worker uh?"

"From today on, I'll be your partner!! I'm Sasha by the way, nice to meet you" She held out her hand eagerly.

Moondrop looked at her dumbfounded before shaking her hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Sasha. I'm glad, and I mean, very glad, that I'll have someone to share my wonderful pain in taking care of these children with." He smiled gratefully and released her hand.