Westover Hall

Y/n Pov:

"Okay," spoke Grayson. "Your boyfriends and your mother-in-law will be here anytime now."

The temperature rose in my cheeks.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I protested.

Grayson chuckled. "Whatever you say, Moons."

We were in the front of Atlantic High, waiting for Percy and his godly parent to arrive. 

No, not Poseidon, Sally.

It was freezing outside, and we stayed looking out at the frozen glass windows—which covered a complete wall—for their car to pull up. When we finally spotted it, we put on our coats, gloves and hats, and we prepared to go outside. Grayson and I raced to the car, careful not to slip. Shivering, we entered, letting the warmness of the car fill our bodies.

"Hello, Ms Jackson," I greeted.

"Y/n," she said. "I told you. It's Sally."

"Right. Sorry. I forget."

"No problem." She turned to Grayson. "You must be Grayson, then."

"Yes," spoke Grayson.

"I'm afraid there isn't much space," apologized Sally. "Some of you may have to share a seat."

"I can share a seat with Y/n," offered Percy.

"Yes, thank you, Percy. We must still pick up Thalia and Annabeth."

~

It was an eight-hour drive from New York to Bar Harbor, Maine. Sleet and snow pounded the highway. I had to sit huddled up with Percy, while Thalia sat shotgun. Annabeth, Thalia, Percy and I hadn't seen each other in months, but between the blizzard and the thought of what we were about to do, we were too nervous to talk much. Except for Percy's mum. She talks more when she's nervous. By the time we finally got to Westover Hall, it was getting dark, and she'd told us every embarrassing baby story there was to tell about Percy. 

Thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun." 

Westover Hall looked like an evil knight's castle. It was all black stone, with towers and slit windows and a big set of wooden double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking this big frosty forest on one side and the grey churning ocean on the other. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" Percy's mother asked. 

"No, thanks, Mom," Percy said. "I don't know how long it will take. We'll be okay." 

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy." 

I smiled at her.

Must be nice to have a mother who cares.

"It's okay, Ms Jackson." I smiled reassuringly. "We'll keep him out of trouble." 

She seemed to relax with this.

"All right, dears," Sally said. "Do you have everything you need?" 

"Yes, Ms Jackson," Thalia said. "Thanks for the ride." 

"Extra sweaters? You have my cell phone number?" 

"Mom—" 

"Your ambrosia and nectar, Percy? And a golden drachma in case you need to contact camp?" 

"Mom, seriously! We'll be fine. Come on, guys." 

I chuckled and got out of the car. The freezing air hit my face. Grayson's blue eye was the same colour as the sky.