Chapter Twenty Nine | Sinking Softly

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: The Scientist by Glee

Nobody said it was easy

Oh it's such a shame for us to part

Nobody said it was easy

No one ever said it would be so hard

I'm going back to the start

Tell me you love me

Come back and haunt me

Oh and I rush to the start

Running in circles, chasing our tails

Coming back as we are.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

I suggest listening to some really sad music throughout.

          CHAPTER TWENTY NINE ― SINKING SOFTLY

     LIES. WHAT ARE LIES?

     They are untruths and half-truths that can squirm into your nightmares and twist them inside out. They instigate the emotions of betrayal and anguish, leaving you alone on the cold, hard floor while you sob, your chest heaving with pain. They make you question everything you haven't before, forcing you to see people in a whole new light. Perhaps you can find comfort in someone new, or someone that has been there all along, waiting for you to open your eyes. But in my experience, they infiltrate the innocent and turn the purest of hearts to bloody darkness, like moths to a flame.

     They leave you for dead.

     They left Davina for dead.

     I lean against the pillar, biting my lips harshly to the point where it hurts. But that's okay, because nobody can hear me. The Abattoir shakes once again, as Marcel throws a desk against the wall, smashing it to pieces. I don't stop him. He needed to do this.

     It's a funny thing, blood. As you are brought into the world, you are covered with it. When your light extinguishes for the final time, the crimson liquid coats your surface like a second skin, like it did to Nik, to me, to Davina, to Emmanuel.