Livy means Olivia

I decided I wanted to look decent today so I wore a pastel pink tube top with a white mini skirt and paired it with my rundown black converse and some of my jewelry. I only wear silver jewelry. I did my hair into two french braids with my baby hairs framing the front of my face.

I made my way downstairs and see my family eating breakfast.

Mom was on the phone, dad was reading some files, Peter was just really focused on his cereal and Morgan was scrolling through her phone.

"Good morning." I say in a slight whisper not to disturb moms phone call, but loud enough that everyone can hear.

A string of mornings were heard along with mom smiling towards me and mouthing 'I like your outfit'.

That's why I loved mom. She may not be my biological mother but she acts and treats me like she is. I met her when I was only 11 and instantly idolized her she was always so hard working and fun. She was head strong and knew what she wanted and how she wanted it.

She was also one of the few people who knew how to keep dad in check and out of trouble.

Sometimes.

She always knows what to say. She's like one of those moms who try to act cool and young but she actually pulls it off.

"Ok. Yea- that sounds great, thanks Happy." Mom said ending her call.

I sat down at the dining table next to Peter and out of force of habit I put my legs over his under the table.

"You ready for your first day of work 'mr. Waiter'?" I asked Peter leaning forward to mockingly fix his tie. Out of annoyance he rolls his eyes and smacks my hand away taking another bite of his cereal making me to laugh at his reaction.

"Oh that reminds me Livy, can you take Peter to work today?" Dad asked finally looking up from his files.

Besides mama, dad is the only one who calls me Livy. When I was younger I used to hate the fact my middle name was Olivia, but mama always told me that it was my great great grandmothers name. I guess it kinda made me feel better but I got used to it after she started calling me Livy.

"Uh yea sure. I wanted to drive around and check out the island today anyway." I wasn't exactly lying, but I wasn't telling the truth either. I didn't want to say anything about the pogues so dad wouldn't send anyone to follow me and come to find out their involved in some shady shit.

Why else would two grown men shoot at a group of teenagers?

"And i'd take any excuse to drive my baby bro to work."

I've always considered Peter as my brother and I love teasing him about the fact that he's younger even if it is only by 7 months.

~~~~~~

Peter and I left an hour earlier than his shift actually started so we could drive around and so if we got lost on our way there he wouldn't be late to work on his first day.

After I dropped him off I drove to where i remembered John b's house was.

When I pulled up in front of his house i made my way up to the porch. When I reached the door i saw it was already creaked open. Me being the nosy bitch I am, I walked inside carful not to make any noise.

I heard a group of voices coming from a room i didn't notice the first time I was here.

"... Here, look. This was the original owner, right here." I heard someone say. I couldn't figure out who but it was definitely one of the boys.